What's new

Yamaha RX-V367 HDMI pass-through question(s) (1 Viewer)

I recently purchased a Yamaha RX-V367 receiver and am having multiple issues with HDMI pass-through. I have an HD box and package from my cable provider (a Samsung SMT h-3260) and have connected the hdmi and optical digital audio cabling to the receiver. All inputs have been properly set on the receiver (hdmi video, digital audio). The signal appears to be passing through to my tv EXCEPT...

(1) The picture and audio cut in and out several times when I first power everything on

(2) The, er, "digital" part of the picture does not show up on my tv (for example, the grid on the guide, the info bar when I change channels, etc.) These were definitely there when I was running the video straight into my tv, but are not being reproduced now that the signal is coming thru the receiver.

(3) If I don't turn the system on for a couple of days, I get no signal at all to my tv (just a green screen) until I reboot the cable box. This was never a problem before the receiver was in the mix.

I am new to HDMI, but not new to surround sound. Is there some compatibility issue with HDMI versions (similar to USB v1 vs USB v2)? Is there something simple I need to do or some setting I've missed? Any help will be greatly appreciated as the whole viewing experience is not especially pleasant at the present time!

Thanks!

Jason

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I'm not a video expert but there are hdmi "handshake" issues with some equipment, notably between cable boxes and receivers. I can't offer any advice as I've never run into those problems (yet).

Im having some of the same problems with my HDMI set up as well. Everything in my home theater system save my xbox is hooked up using HDMI cables (which makes setup really simple....especially when you use the HDMI cables for audio as well). My problem is that sometimes when I turn on my system to watch cable tv (I have a Pace brand DVR from the cable company), everything comes on as normal, but most of the time I see the red HDMI lights on the AV reciever blink several times and then go solid (saying that HDMI signal is good to go). However, 99% of the time when I turn on my system to watch tv I get no HDMI "signal" to my tv. Now, when my tv has no signal, or unusable signal, it tells me, in this case the screen changes to a grayish black like its getting and displaying a signal. After turning off the receiver, and turning it on again, it solves the problem. I didnt have this problem when I had a Motorolla DVR, but I moved and the Pace brand DVR is my only option from the cable company. Untill reading this article, I thought that something was wrong with my receiver, but now am 95% sure that the new DVR is the culprit because of some HDMI "handshake" incompatability. Kind-of annoying, since I just bought a new Logitech Harmony universal remote that is supposed to turn the system on and off with the push of a button.....but now I have to turn the system on, then turn the receiver off, then on again. Frusterating.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mycuu
Recent bookmarks