What's new

XBox Live Voice Masking demonstration (1 Viewer)

Bjoern Roy

Second Unit
Hi folks,
i just found this X02 event video from Gamespot, where they show the XBox Live registration/login process, a bit of MP gameplay (Whacked) and what i found very interesting, they demo the voice masking presets. Sounds really amazing, i wouldn't have thought that the quality of the masking is that good. Too bad the overall sound quality of the clip isn't that great. But still...
Sorry if this is old news.
Regards
Bjoern

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, Bjoern! I had my doubts about how Voice Masking would sound, but if that's how it ends up being in production, I'm very impressed.... :emoji_thumbsup:

Scott Simonian

Screenwriter
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

OMG! The voice masking seems to work perfectly. Its a little too convincing to me. I think the "Teenage Girl" well get some peeps into trouble. ;)

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I can't wait to try it out. My teenage girl persona has been gathering dust since I quit frequenting chatrooms a couple of years ago but Cynthia just might be making a comeback:b

Dan Brecher

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Daniel
MS will have the sense to have a disable voice masking option on the gaming hosts end, right? Surely! Or at the very least an option to check the other players' settings to see if anyone is using it? The voice demo was impressive, but a dangerous feature nevertheless. Not sure that I like it.

Dan

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
I'm not liking the voice masking. mainly because some of them are very annoying and hard to understand.

Joel Mack

Senior HTF Member
Ah...someone that never played "Sea Man", I see... :) Don't think of it as talking to your TV. Think of it as having your friend on the telephone while you kick his ass at NFL2K3 or something...
Well, Kelley, you will have the option to mute anyone whose voice annoys you...

Dave E H

Supporting Actor
I still prefer text. I'll just feel goofy talking to my tv set.
I've conferenced called people when playing CS - that was a blast. I personally can't wait until this goes out. I'll definitely go with the masking - should be fun!

Jean-Michel

Supporting Actor
I can see potential uses for this outside of gameplay, like chat rooms, for example. The "Teenage Girl" voice might come in handy in my continued online stalking of R. Kelly. (Sorry, I know, R. Kelly jokes are so last month. ;))
On the subject, Seaman was brilliant, like everyone else I spent most of my time teaching it swear words.

shane_watson

Stunt Coordinator
dont knock the voice masking just yet ,..yeah its silly on nfl2k3 or in whacked but for anyone whos played unreal tournament will know that hearing that robot voice after getting fragged sure will be intimidating and possibly add to the game.nevertheless getting fragged by a "child" would simply suck.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
I have to admit - the different voices are very impressive. That female robot would've been great for my RAcaseal in PSO.

-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks