What's new

X-Force movie in development (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
So it looks like Fox wasn't full of it when they said the wanted to build an expanded cinematic universe around the Marvel properties they have. In addition to the soon to be released "The Wolverine", next May's "Days of Future Past", and 2015's "Fantastic Four" re-boot they are going to do an X-Force movie. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kick-ass-2-filmmaker-tackling-584655
Jeff Wadlow, who is readying for the Aug. 16 release of Kick-Ass 2, has been tapped to write an adaptation of X-Force, an X-Men spinoff being developed by 20th Century Fox.The news comes on the heels of various blogs reporting Friday that the studio registered X-ForceMovie.com a few months ago.
It's likely there will be more info about Fox's plans at next week's San Deigo comic con.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Kickass 2 director Jeff Wadlow who is writing (and possibly directing X-Force) talks about his interest in doing the film.
"Basically when they announced that Mark [Millar] was going to be overseeing the title for Fox … basically, they were talking about all these different ideas for franchises they could build and characters, and I said, “X-Force. Gotta do an X-Force movie.” And they originally said, “Maybe that’s a second step.” And I said, “No, it’s about teams.” That’s what, to me, the X universe is about. It’s not about doing movies with individual characters and then bringing them together in a team; that’s what Marvel already did with The Avengers. I think the next step is to have these teams and see how they bounce off of each other, that’s where you can have crossover potential. I said, “The first one’s gotta be X-Force and I want to do it. What’s it going to take?” Mark was really supportive and he’s just been a tremendous ally of mine. I’m really grateful that he went to Fox and said, “This is the guy.”
There's more here:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=84629

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
Looking at Jeff Wadlow's resume, is Fox doing the right thing entrusting this future X franchise to him? All his movies, including Kick-Ass 2, have really low RT scores. I was really looking forward to Kick-Ass 2 when it was still Matthew Vaughn attached but the reviews have been terrible for Wadlow's version. I just watched an interview clip of Wadlow on IGN and he doesn't come out as someone who has the vision to make a good X-Force (or any comic book) movie. I hope Fox has the balls to severe ties with him after Kick-Ass 2 fails at the box office.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Well, according to Wadlow he's the one that pushed the idea of doing X-Force. Fox didn't decide to do X-Force, look for a writer, and then choose Wadlow. According to him, he pushed the idea of doing X-Force to Fox through Mark Miller and Fox liked his ideas, so they decided to do the X-Force project Wadlow was championing.

Freddie Z

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Freddie Zaragoza
Wadlow also pointed out that the X-Universe is all about teams. I don't think he mentioned it had anything to do with mutants.

If this weekend's poor box office performance of K-A 2 doesn't give Fox second thoughts about letting this guy develop X-Force, then they're going to get another under box office flop to add to his resume.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks