X-Force movie in development

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Sean Bryan, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    So it looks like Fox wasn't full of it when they said the wanted to build an expanded cinematic universe around the Marvel properties they have. In addition to the soon to be released "The Wolverine", next May's "Days of Future Past", and 2015's "Fantastic Four" re-boot they are going to do an X-Force movie. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/kick-ass-2-filmmaker-tackling-584655
    It's likely there will be more info about Fox's plans at next week's San Deigo comic con.

2. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Kickass 2 director Jeff Wadlow who is writing (and possibly directing X-Force) talks about his interest in doing the film.
    There's more here:http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/movienewsandreviews/news/?a=84629

3. Freddie Z

Freddie Z Stunt Coordinator

Freddie Zaragoza
    Looking at Jeff Wadlow's resume, is Fox doing the right thing entrusting this future X franchise to him? All his movies, including Kick-Ass 2, have really low RT scores. I was really looking forward to Kick-Ass 2 when it was still Matthew Vaughn attached but the reviews have been terrible for Wadlow's version. I just watched an interview clip of Wadlow on IGN and he doesn't come out as someone who has the vision to make a good X-Force (or any comic book) movie. I hope Fox has the balls to severe ties with him after Kick-Ass 2 fails at the box office.

4. Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan Sean Bryan
    Supporter

Sean
    Well, according to Wadlow he's the one that pushed the idea of doing X-Force. Fox didn't decide to do X-Force, look for a writer, and then choose Wadlow. According to him, he pushed the idea of doing X-Force to Fox through Mark Miller and Fox liked his ideas, so they decided to do the X-Force project Wadlow was championing.

5. Freddie Z

Freddie Z Stunt Coordinator

Freddie Zaragoza
    Wadlow also pointed out that the X-Universe is all about teams. I don't think he mentioned it had anything to do with mutants.

If this weekend's poor box office performance of K-A 2 doesn't give Fox second thoughts about letting this guy develop X-Force, then they're going to get another under box office flop to add to his resume.