X-Box loses another exclusive

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Morgan Jolley, Nov 29, 2001.

1. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

2. Butch Smith

Butch Smith Stunt Coordinator

Since when is Shrek an XBOX exlusive?

If you mean where it says "ONLY ON XBOX", that's true..

because it's only avalable on Xbox!

I might be mistaken, but I don't ever remember seeing that it was only going to be for Xbox. mainly because it's Shrek, and that has a huge liscensing juggernaut behind it. they will put this game, or variations of it, on any system they can.

or, morgan is a glutton for punishment....

"I just know I'm gonna get it for that title'

See, you DO know that you are just trying to troll. If you knew people would get upset, WHY DID YOU POST?!?!

3. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Cinematographer

Of course if you were to turn the thread title around to another slant, the title of the thread could have been "Gamecube gets yet another kiddie title" [​IMG]

4. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

Actually I heard that in order to stay away from the kiddie image, Nintendo is changing the game a bit. Instead of Shrek, you control Ron Jeremy, and basically the game is just running around banging people. [​IMG]

5. Shawn O

Shawn O Stunt Coordinator

6. Butch Smith

Butch Smith Stunt Coordinator

And I heard that it comes with a new "Special Edition" easy-grip controller... with only two buttons... two LARGE buttons [​IMG]

7. Michael St. Clair

And I remember when Toshinden was a PSX exclusive.
    Then it ended up on the Saturn.
    This is the nature of the business. I can't imagine why anybody would dedicate a thread to this subject unless they wanted to get attention for themselves by starting a flamewar.
    Whatever. [​IMG]
    ps Shrek sucks. The game, that is.

8. Rob Speicher

Rob Speicher Supporting Actor

That's hardly a loss, the reviews for the Xbox version were poor, at best. What was the last good game adapted from a movie, or vice versa, anyway?

9. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    Morgan,

Please show us where Shrek was an XBox exclusive? There's no evidence to suggest this. Therefore, you're pretty much lying, XBox didn't lose an exclusive.

By the way, what was the "other" exclusive?

Mike

10. MikeM

MikeM Screenwriter

In fairness to Morgan, this link from May touts Shrek as an "Xbox Exclusive".
    Again, I don't care, but if you search for the words "Shrek XBox Exclusive" on Yahoo, quite a few hits pop up, suggesting that at one time or another, this really was an "exclusive" title.
    Then again, me no care. [​IMG]

11. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike
    That was May. Six months ago.

I'm going by the "Only on XBox" logo which I have yet to see on a screenshot of a Shrek cover. I haven't been to a store yet to check, but without that logo on release, it's open game on platform availability.

Mike

12. Calvin Watts III

Calvin Watts III Supporting Actor

[rant]You know,I'm really starting to get tired of all this console bashing crap.[/rant]
    Try plural - both Cel Damage & the upcoming Malice were at one time both Xbox only. Heck, the first Xbox game shot that I ever saw,along with many other people,because it was all over the news,was Malice.
    [rant]If you own & love a GC,good for you. If you love & own a PS2,then good for you. If you love & own a XBox, well then good for you too. Everyone has different opinions. Some might prefer some other systems over others. That is okay. Slamming people who don't think the way that you do is not. PERIOD.[/rant]
    I am not trying to defend Morgan. My point is simple. Everyone can make good posts, and decent contributations to this forum, if they think about what they are going to post. Everyone would do well to remember that.....
    Calvin

13. Mike_G

Mike_G Screenwriter

Mike

14. Shawn O

Shawn O Stunt Coordinator

Isn't that what exclusive means these days,exclusive only for a certain time period.

15. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

More importantly, Nintendo is getting another confirmed 3rd party based on the strength of system sales. Good for me. I want more games!

Now if more X-box "exclusives" would just fall to Gamecube faster....

16. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

17. Camp

Camp Cinematographer

18. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Second Unit

19. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I'm sorry if anyone took offense to my thread, but I was just showing that another X-Box exclusive (or what had been called an exclusive) was lost. If the game had been a GameCube exclusive, I would have probably started the thread, too.

I was not making this thread to point out the lack of exclusive X-Box games, but rather because its news and just shows a trend of games going from X-Box to another console. This hasn't happened on the GameCube as much (PS2 games had been announced as X-Box games before they were released more often than not), but I wasn't pointing that out.

I never said anything bad about the X-Box, so why would you assume that I was? If anything, it degenerated into a flamer war more than having started out as one.

20. Marvin Richardson

Marvin Richardson Supporting Actor

No, your point was the same tired rhetoric Nintendo fans have been hearing for years...