What's new

X Box 5.1 problem (1 Viewer)

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Hooked up X box with toslink. When X-box is turned on, I get audio information. This tells me my connection is good. As soon as I insert a game, I get increadible noise and the receiver shuts down.
Very frusted....:angry:
Anyone ever heard of this?
(Yes, I did enable 5.1 and dts)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
And the Dolby Digital indicator on your reciever lights up as well??? What type of reciever/decoder is it?

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
The reciever is Denon 4802. The AV pack is Microsoft.

I tried with optical cable in various ports. Same thing. Have sound w/o disk. Once disk is put in, crackle - amp shuts down.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
Try turning off the sound on your receiver, put a disc into the XBox, start the game and THEN turn on your receiver. See if it's alright if you turn it on after a game's been loaded and already running.
If it is, I don't know what it means... :confused:

Sean Oneil

Supporting Actor
You enabled the Dolby Digital option on the X-Box dashboard? This is really strange...

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the chip in the Denon is having a hard time recognising a 640kbps DD stream? Other then that, I don't know. Do DVDs with DD sound play back OK?

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
Exchanged box. New one works like a dream. There were some changes to console from the 1st gen. Wonder if this was a problem?

Anyway, 5.1 - it's awesome!

Chad Ferguson

Supporting Actor
Didn't know it was time for the 2nd gens yet. What has been changed? I have a Denon 3300 and it works perfect for myself.

Dave Nibeck

Stunt Coordinator
The first console in the audio section gave options to turn on dd and dts. The 2nd console did not have this option, it already indicated dd.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoneman66
Recent bookmarks