What's new

wow, I am amazed by these Rockets (1 Viewer)

Mike^C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
I just got 2 pairs of these RS-150 bookshelves from the Christmas sale @ $199 plus $40 shipping per pair. Wow! Amazing! I'd have to say I prefer them to even the Studio 20's which I'm auditioned. My front Monitor 9s seem sloppy in bass and midrange in comparison. Even at $399 a pair, whoevers looking at bookshelves should give these a hard long look. I couldn't resist picking up 2 pair for $199 each and it seems like I made out.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Mike, that sure is some great price on those 150s. Congratulations!

Are you planning on a phantom center channel or are you going to pick something else up?

Brian Schucher

Supporting Actor
The Xmas deals they had going on were really unbelievable. IMHO even at full price their speakers are an absolute bargain!

Russell _T

Supporting Actor
The price/performance ratio for the Rocket speakers is just sick. I don't know how they make any money giving them away at those prices. You made out like a bandit. :)

Mike^C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mike
Ah the second pair is for another room :) My main system in front are Monitor 9's and a CC-370. I refuse to submit to upgraditis damnit! Anyone want me to write up a quickie Studio 20 vs. Mini Monitor vs. Studio 20 review?

Mike_Skeway

Second Unit
Congrats! Sounds like you got a great deal. And have some speakers you are very happy with! :D It is always great to find speakers that you really love.

mark_th

Grip
I too purchased 2 pair of the 150's (missed the 250's on sale:frowning: and have to say I was quite surprised at how good they sounded. I originally bought them to be side and rear surrounds in a 7.1 layout but after trying them in place of my Paradigm mini monitors up front I actually have kept them there. I just sold my paradigm fronts (minis and cc-370) so I can purchase a RS200 center. I was surprised at how much clearer they sounded.

My old ones sounded muffled compared to these. Anyway thats just my opinion, My paradigms served me well for the last couple of years and are also a great value for the money. I must admit I was quite skeptical of the rockets. Its seems they have people in several of the forums constantly saying how great they are and it seemed almost like a marketing scheme. But for the price I got them I figured it was worth the shipping costs to try them out. I am glad I did.

I am so glad I found forums like this and AVS. I know have great equipment (SVS sub, rocket speakers) that I never could have learned about elsewhere. I also learned so much to help build my theater.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Mike^C,
Glad to hear you're enjoying the 150s. I was able to pick up 2 pair of 250s on sale and I am very happy with them.

Mark_TH,
Thats cool that you were able to sell the old speakers so quickly. Did you order the RSC200 yet? I still need to get my mine. Are you still gonna get a pair of 250s for the front to complete your 7.1?

mark_th

Grip

Yes I ordered it on Tuesday. I sold my speakers in a day on Ebay! Gotta love ebay. I do want the 250's. I was told by av123 that the RS200 is going to overpower the 150's, but for now it is going to have to do. Hopefully by summer I will be able to afford the 250's or maybe even the 550's. I have a good sub though so I doubt I would go with the towers.

For now I kept my old Polk 25i25's and will use those for surround back and hook up 7.1.

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
You are going to love that 200 Mark—it is one of the best center channels that I’ve heard and easily the best in its price range (of course I’ve not heard everything). You won’t have to ever again worry about discerning dialogue.

The only drawback is that this is one big speaker—and heavy.

BobAlbano

Second Unit
Congrats on the new Rockets. I picked up a pair of Ebony 150's during the x-mas sale and they are definitely worth the $199.00 that they were asking for them! :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks