What's new

Directors Worst movie draft! (1 Viewer)

Rob Tomlin

Senior HTF Member
I think I will pass on this one. I actually try to stay away from bad movies based on reviews and word of mouth, so my selections wouldn't be that good (or bad, depending on how you look at it).

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Come on, Rob! What about Lawrence of Arabia? :D

I try to stay away from bad movies as well, using the same criteria you do, but sometimes a rotten piece of celluloid will slip past my defenses. I'm not gonna mention any specific titles - wouldn't wanna help the competition!

Three slots left!

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
I've seen a boatload of movies, and while I've come to be fairly selective in my viewing choices, that boatload of movie-watching has armed me with a massive, overstuffed bilge pump of celluloid filth that is waiting to be spewed out. The question is, does one select generally regarded "stinkers", or does one pick movies that one despises with the heat of a thousand purgatories? Should be fun! :D

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
The question is, does one select generally regarded "stinkers", or does one pick movies that one despises with the heat of a thousand purgatories?
I'll be going with both. There are some lesser known movies that I remember as being particularly terrible - I suspect I'll have those to myself. :D I'll also be trying to score at least two or three better-known turkeys. ;) On the other hand, there are films like Gladiator which I feel aren't so terrible as they are mediocre. I'll try to stay away from those...

Jan H

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, that was my thinking too, Steve. Now, the difficulty with this tournament as I see it is as follows: because so many of us (myself included) are steered away from clunkers because of reviews and word-of-mouth, and we also may not have seen the sheer quantity of movies (good and bad) that you have, Steve, might this not degenerate into a prolonged abstain-fest?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Perhaps. However, the voting will be open to everyone - not just draft participants.

Also, like you and the others, I've managed to avoid quite a few clunkers in my time (I've never seen Pearl Harbor or Mission to Mars for instance) so my list of possible picks isn't THAT long. Some of the movies on my list are recent releases that I was dumb enough to rent, while others are films not-so-fondly remembered from my youth.

I think we'll be okay. :)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
It'll be interesting to see how these lists develop. There are (at least) two different types of 'bad' movies. First there are the laughably bad ones with horrible dialogue, third-rate acting, etc. Then there are movies that are well-made in some sense, but detestable for other reasons. I think I will be mixing these two types in my list.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
That's exactly what I've done. I've got several 'laughably bad' movies, at least two big-budget releases that I despise (though I doubt that I'll be able to snag both of them), another two or three that failed completely despite the presence of real talent behind and before the camera, and at least one film with a style that I simply didn't care for...

Two slots open, folks!!!

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
SteveGon said:
That's exactly what I've done. I've got several 'laughably bad' movies, at least two big-budget releases that I despise (though I doubt that I'll be able to snag both of them), another two or three that failed completely despite the presence of real talent behind and before the camera, and at least one film with a style that I simply didn't care for...
I've been on this forum for close to two years. I make it a habbit of following certain posters on this forum. With that knowledge in mind, I'd die of shock if SteveGon didn't take the movie I think I know he'll take.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Dome, you're probably correct in your assumption. My first pick is indeed a movie I despise with every fiber of my being. ;)

Only one slot open! Who will be our final contestant?

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Okay, that settles it! We have our 16!

SteveGon
John Dhein
Gabe D
Lew Crippen
Rob Lutter
Richard Travale
George Kaplan
Brian Lawrence
Jan H
Jim_K
Bill J
Dome Vongvises
Justin_S
ErikG
Cary T
Ric Bagoly

As tournameister, I've reserved the right to go first!

And my pick is: Armageddon :p)

We'll be selecting eight films each. The order of selection is based on when you were seeded. I'm first, John Dhein is next, etc. Once we get to Ric, we'll start back down again with him in reverse order. :)

John Dhein, you're up!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks