What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Wonder Woman Season One June 29th (1 Viewer)

MattHR

Screenwriter

Unfortunately, they've replaced the old logo with the new WB shield logo. It really feels out of place, since "Wonder Woman"'s closing theme song plays into the WB logo. It's odd seeing a 25+ year-old show with the current WB logo and www address.

Another silly little detail that bugs me.

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
The Feminum Mystique Part 2 on Columbia House VHS runs 47:55 seconds(including WB logo)....so, according to your list of runtimes, this means that the re-cap runs 2:26......add 2:26 to the running time of Judgement and you get 49:06.....not far off from the other running times....my guess is that no matter how awkward the editing seems, nothing was cut.....if it were a syndicated cut, much more would be cut than 1-2 min. from an hour long show..and there is no reason for WB to edit the beginning of the show and leave L. Carter's voiceover...they would have cut that first.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
Looking forward to picking this up tomorrow. Haven't seen the show in many, many years, so it will be great to relive it all over again. Lynda Carter was indeed Wonder Woman.

I'd really hope that Charisma Carpenter wouldn't be removed from a shot at the role just because of the Playboy spread. Who cares? Having JLo in it makes me ill and though I like Gellar, she's not right for the role.

R. Kay

Second Unit
When can we get someone with a little expertise add a little something to this thread?

That Matt Hankinson is useless!!

;)

Tony_Faville

Supporting Actor
Charisma would be perfect as WW, and LC should play her mom, definitely. SMG??? no way! Jlo??? Somebody shoot me! Have also heard that Sandra Bullock is interested. Would need entirely too much padding.

Another one interested is Kim Smith, a model that was featured in the latest issue of Maxim. Beautiful and Built.

IanS

Stunt Coordinator
damn,
I was hoping the box would have had the failed pilot with Cathy Lee Crosby.

Ian

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I am simply amazed at how the Amazing Amazon looks on DVD. Another fine job done from WB. You have done the Wonder Woman legacy proud!

Now...bring on the second and third seasons!!!!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Spectacular!!!!!!!!! Yes, it would have been nice to have included the promos and recaps but beggars can't be choosers........Here's to Seasons 2 and 3

NolanJ

Second Unit
I can't believe the quality of this set... it blows away several more modern DVD sets such as "Party of Five" and even "Nip/Tuck."

What is it that makes such an OLD show appear to be such better quality than NEW shows on DVD?

MattHR

Screenwriter

You are correct. I was thinking of "The Bionic Woman." The same year WW moved from ABC to CBS, BW moved from ABC to NBC.

I remember when Fred Silverman, then president of ABC, canceled WW and BW, even though both were doing quite well in the ratings. It was especially odd for BW, since it was performing much better than "Six Million Dollar Man" (also on ABC) which was not cancelled.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
The new issue of Entertainment Weekly magazine features a brief Q&A with Lynda Carter. I particularly liked her response to the following:

Q: Who should star in the long-rumored Wonder Woman movie?

A: I'm pulling for an unknown who approaches the character as a human being. Some actors play superheroes like characatures. I believed I was Wonder Woman. We love fantasy characters because we believe.

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
Perhaps because I am still basking in a Spider-Man 2 afterglow, I picked up a copy of Wonder Woman today as a blind buy (I could not pass up the sale price), and boy am I glad I did! The transfer is superb! To be honest, I did not have particularly fond recollections of this program. I remembered it as being a kind of campy, post Batman offering, that really didn't do much to further the cause of bringing "serious" comic book adaptations to the small screen. Hindsight, or old age, is a pretty remarkable thing. As it turns out, Wonder Woman has sensational production values for a TV show, and the storylines, while on the lightweight side, always seem to portray the lead characters with dignity, grace and charm. In this age of bad scripted television series (and oftentimes even worse non-scripted TV!), we can do a lot worse than Wonder Woman. This is a great set and I eagerly look forward to seasons 2 &3! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

Richard Michael Clark

Second Unit
Is there any word on how long it'll be before Warners decide if seasons 2 and 3 will get released? Anyone know how season one is selling?

Can we assume that season 2 will have a white box and season 3 a blue one! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks