What's new

Wonder Woman Season One June 29th (1 Viewer)

Will K

Screenwriter
From TVSHOWS ON DVD:

Wonder Woman - Lasso Season 1 This June! DVDs Announced: Details, Specs, Artwork!
Posted by David Lambert
3/26/2004

Meet the United States' secret and most beautiful weapon in the fight against tyranny: Wonder Woman! Season One of Wonder Woman (the Pilot Movie and 13 regular episodes) retains the World War II era of the super heroine's early comic book adventures. Also captured is the exuberant tone of a comic book come to screen life as the warrior princess, empowered by her sense of a woman's worth and by the mysterious substance Feminum that's found only on her remote native isle, battles a succession of Nazi baddies. Former Miss USA Lynda Carter stars as the heroine who hides her identity behind the oversized glasses of a War Department functionary. But when duty and danger call, she transforms. And the wonders never cease.

Is it okay if we say "We told ya' so!"?

Wonder Woman - The Complete 1st Season arrives on June 29th, on 3 DVDs - at least two of them double-sided - that contain the 90-minute pilot episode from 1975, plus the 13 weekly episodes that make up the exciting first season that ran in 1976-77.

Don't forget that Debra Winger shows up as "Wonder Girl", plus other guest stars include Cloris Leachman and Kenneth Mars. Lyle Waggoner co-stars as Major Steve Trevor, of course.

Episodes included are: "The New Original Wonder Woman" (90-minute pilot), "Wonder Woman Meets Baroness Von Gunther", "Fausta: The Nazi Wonder Woman", "Beauty on Parade", "The Feminum Mystique (Part 1)", "The Feminum Mystique (Part 2)", "Wonder Woman vs. Gargantua!", "The Pluto File", "Last of the Two Dollar Bills", "Judgement from Outer Space (Part 1)", "Judgement from Outer Space (Part 2)", "Formula 407", "The Bushwackers", and "Wonder Woman in Hollywood".

Included also is a featurette entitled "Beauty, Brawns and Bulletproof Bracelets: A Wonder Woman Retrospective". Also look for the commentary track we previously reported on: you'll find Lynda Carter doing one for the pilot, and sitting in with her is none other than Executive Producer Douglas S. Cramer.

Clocking in at 725 minutes, this will be viewable in the same video and audio it was originally broadcast in: 1.33:1 screen format and English Mono 1.0 sound. Subtitles are available in Spanish, French, and English, with closed captioning for the hearing impaired. List price is $39.98.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg

Is this double-entendre on Mr. Lambert's part, or is my mind in the gutter? A little from column A, a little from column B? ;)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
Man! That was quick!.

i was expecting the release to be closer to the end of the year to tie in with the vid release of Spiderman, but i guess they are tying it in with the theatrical release instead.

fine by me :)

looking forward to this and breathing a huge sigh of relief that i didn't order the second vol. of the R2 series like i was going to back in Jan ($30 by the time they added shipping costs for just three measly eps...)

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I'll definitely buy this, although I'm a bit confused by the "3 DVDs -- at least 2 of them double-sided" comment. Based on the double-length pilot, 13 regular episodes, and featurette, I would expect:

Disc 1 -- Pilot, Episodes 1-2 (about 3 hours total)
Disc 2 -- Episodes 3-6 (about 3 hours total)
Disc 3A -- Episodes 7-10 (about 3 hours total)
Disc 3B -- Episodes 11-13, Featurette (about 3 hours total)

With a total running time of 725 minutes (12 hours, 5 minutes), only one double-sided disc would be necessary. Why spend extra money on a fifth "side" when everything could comfortably fit on four sides?

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It would be cool if Season 2 comes in a white box and Season 3 in a blue one......would look great in red, white, and blue on the shelf!

alan halvorson

Senior HTF Member
Was there any better opening to a TV series than Lynda Carter running around in her Wonder Woman costume? Too bad it didn't allow for a little more "bounce". Anyone ever see the film Bobbie Jo and the Outlaw, with Marjoe Gortner? Dumb film, but, so far as I know, the only one in which Lynda Carter appeared nude - topless - and she was (as Teri Hatcher said in Seinfeld) spectacular!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
One question......the show was known as "The New, Original Wonder Woman" for most of its run on ABC. Why then is the title simply "Wonder Woman." Was this a promo only title?

todd s

Senior HTF Member
I am surprised that with the success of Smallville we are not seeing Lois & Clark before we are seeing Wonder Woman. Don't get me wrong I am getting WW on release day. ;)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
This is another must-purchase for me since season 1 with the World War II setting is the high point of the series.

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member

I wonder if they are not trying to keep any possible confusion out of the market, allowing SMALLVILLE to stand alone without "competition" from Lois & Clark.
I'd like to have all of these series. Hopefully sucessful sales of WW will encourage the theatrical film to move along.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I must say I am delighted for this. While all the other boys my age were trying to hide their Farrah Fawcett posters from their parents, I was going ga-ga over Lynda Carter.:b

Though I no longer read comic books, my infatuation with superhero characters continues to this day; thank God for Cartoon Net's Justice League--an overall well-written series that succeeds in putting the humanity in the genre.

Wonder Woman has a special place in my heart--and why not? What guy in his right mind wouldn't want a tall brunette in a star-spangled bathing suit sweeping him of his feet?!:D

Steve Phillips

Screenwriter
I can't wait for this.

Hopefully it will indeed be in the original TV ratio as indicated and not hideously cropped like Warner's KUNG FU set.

Hopefully the CBS years will follow!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
It will be 1.33:1.....does anyone know if the show's original title "The New Original Wonder Woman" was used only in promos, or if the opening credits featured that title?

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
Peter,
Me too. Ive always had a crush on Lynda:D

I must admit Ive had this poster for years, a ex G/F got it for me. Its freakin huge,24x34 I think - and still in perfect condition in a tube.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Any review's popping up yet for wonder woman ? not that i need a review to convince me to buy this next week, but just curious to see some thoughts on the set.

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
Any review's popping up yet for wonder woman ? not that i need a review to convince me to buy this next week, but just curious to see some thoughts on the set.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Aryn....I am feeling the same way...I don't care how this looks and sounds, it is mine!!!!!!!!

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
Aryn....I am feeling the same way...I don't care how this looks and sounds, it is mine!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks