What's new

Win an Onkyo TX-NR1030 9.2 channel Dolby Atmos AV Receiver (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I would love to upgrade my home theater to support Dolby Atmos, to immerse myself deeper into the cinematic experience and to envelope myself in the aural wonder of that technology is what every home theater enthusiast should want for themselves.

With a number of great tiles offering Dolby Atmos ( including Gravity, John Wick, Transformers: Age of Extinction, and American Sniper,) I see the available content increasing. And to have the ability to review titles that have Dolby Atmos and tell the world how bloody awesome that technology sounds coming from the technological glory of an Onkyo receiver - well, I can't think of anything better than that!

p.s. - I may not be eligible, but wanted to say that anyway :)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I would appreciate the opportunity to win this because I'd love to drive my SO nuts with EVEN MORE SPEAKERS! I mean, who doesn't love more speakers around the house? Oh, wait, she doesn't...

But I do!

So please let it be me, since I really want to test out how strong our relationship really is. ;)

Tim Blankenship

Auditioning
I would like to win this so that I can enjoy high quality audio with my family. We could more time together at home enjoying this incredible product.

Chris_C

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
My family would love to able to hear Dolby Atmos at home and this receiver is very exciting. This would be perfect for our family room and will be great for wall to wall sound as well as being an up to date receiver.

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
My denon is heading towards 5 years old now, so of course it's time for the upgrade bug :)

Have only heard 1 Atmos film in a theatre, so would love to make a setup for it at home.

KenC

Agent
Real Name
Ken
My theater is ready for this.

I have been waiting since we first heard an early version at Dolby over ten years ago at one the meets,

Thanks for the chance.

BrandonM

Stunt Coordinator
I've been needing a receiver upgrade for a long time and this would be the perfect option. I am in the process of upgrading to a projector and this would go perfectly with my new home theater.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
My sound comes out of my TV speakers, so this would be my first step into to a larger world. May the Onkyo be with me! :p

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I would love this new receiver! After building a new house I can't really afford to upgrade my old Sony str935 receiver purchased aound 2000 and it's on is last leg. I am holding out for the best, Atmos.

elus89

Auditioning
Real Name
Mark S.
A future proof receiver is certainly what I need. I'm using a 30 year-opd JVC receiver that on occasion has trouble getting the output to the minimum two standing speakers as it is, so a beefy receiver would allow us to finally experience some kind of surround sound and what better way to experience that than through the latest Dolby Atmos! I've been thinking about building an isolated home theatre room and this would provide the perfect motivation to get that underway. That old workhouse receiver needs to go and I'd love to send it off with something worthy of being called a successor like this Onkyo 1030 powerhouse.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
A recent separation and move have me in the market for a new AVR. Very interested in including Atmos in whatever piece I get. There's limited software now, but there are several high profile movies coming in the near future that will be presented theatrically in Atmos. Things should get even more interesting/exciting with UHD BD.

ricky bobby

Auditioning
Real Name
rick
We'll I simply need a new system as mine went up in smoke during a power surge.
There is nothing like losing my pioneer elite and have to watch the playoffs on my tv speakers.
I have had onkyo in the past and was ver happy I got the pioneer for a good price otherwise I would have gone onkyo.
We are redoing my house and would be the perfect time to run the extra wires.

stymie222

Agent
Real Name
Alan
I am the owner of an Onkyo Home Theater receiver I have owned for over 15 years. This would be a dream come true to win. I am retired and doubt if I could afford this beautiful receiver otherwise.

sbradfor

Auditioning
Real Name
Shannon Bradford
Would love to test all the new features of one of these! My current model is really behind the times and lacking in many features this has. Would be great to experiment with all the new options!

Real Name
Shawn Lilianstrom
I would love to have the ability to use the newest sound technology to watch the newest movies. Audio is the most crucial part of a movie. Without it, you might just have pretty pictures. With a good audio processor and source, you can feel that you are in the movie with sound surrounding you on all sides and above. Onkyo is also one of the best of the consumer level receivers, a far advance above my Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks