What's new
World Wide Stereo

Win a Pioneer Elite SC-95 Dolby Atmos Receiver (1 Viewer)

GACrabill

Auditioning
Real Name
Gary
I would like to upgrade to Atmos since most of my audio equipment is ~15 years old. Of course an audio upgrade would then 'require' a video upgrade ... maybe to a 75-80 inch 4K would be nice.

Attachments

• P1100569.JPG
    P1100569.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

PaulHeroy

Stunt Coordinator
I've collected a handful of movies on Atmos (plus the one DTS:X title). My 14' vaulted ceiling is crying out for some speakers to fill the void up there with great sounds. I'm saving for an Atmos upgrade but you know how those unexpected expenses crop up, so that SC-95 would be fantastic.

Here's my current setup with screen on the way down to cover the 50" plasma.

22571794461_d4c6082f78_c.jpg

John_RO

Stunt Coordinator
Here's my modest home theater/family room. Most current receiver is a Yamaha Rx-V773 and my speakers are 20 year old Bostons. I am a stay at home dad so my audio budget is pretty small. I would love to upgrade to the Pioneer not only for Atmos but also because I'm out of HDMI inputs. Good luck to all!

DSC_0418.JPG

DavidMiller

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Miller

Well I have the SC-87 which Pioneer didn't bother to have HDCP 2.2 included so it was obsolete when I bought it just didn't know it. So I need to update to something new, winning it would even be better.

Jack N

Agent
I can't post a picture of my home theater because it's not anywhere near complete yet. It's under construction and will be needing a top notch Pioneer receiver to make it complete. So here's to hoping a sketch will be ok.

Attachments

• HT floor plan.JPG
    HT floor plan.JPG
    25.5 KB · Views: 69

Matthew Anderson

Second Unit
Real Name
Matthew Anderson
I would like to upgrade to Dolby Atmos in order to experience the effect that the extra surround channels have on the movie. This would add a whole new feeling and dimension to hear sounds coming at you from a new direction. That would be cool indeed.

Attachments

• 20151028_2231451.jpg
    20151028_2231451.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 64

Ron Jimenez

Auditioning
Real Name
Ron
My modest beginnings of a home theater that started over 13 years ago with that ancient Denon 3803 receiver in the lower left corner. However, the adoption of our youngest child, 4 dog rescues, 2 shoulder surgeries and 2 new grandchildren have greatly held up any progress. My birthday is right after the drawing so I'm very hopeful that the sign is appropriate.

IMG_3766.JPG

bombadillo

Auditioning
Real Name
casey
IMAG0120_zpsvsjot6yi.jpg

Got this receiver back in 1999, and as someone else also said, would REALLY like something from this century. More often than not, my receiver is now shorting and going into "protect" mode and I'm in dire need of a new receiver here this year before I move into my final home in Idaho and set up my new home theater.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
Here's my current "home theater".

20151028_212523_zpsla9v0riv.jpg

I have two reasons for wanting to upgrade my receiver. The first is to have a Wi-Fi enabled receiver, and the second is to be able to gift my current receiver to my brother.

---------------

Havenbull

Auditioning
Real Name
Brad
Lots of great systems posted on here so far!

Here is my humble theater. I bought my current Pioneer Elite VSX-01TXH at the local Tweeter store in Rockville, MD back in 2008, about a month before the company shuttered.

I received quite a bit of good info from those guys working there.

I think it's high time to upgrade to a WiFI, blutooth, airplay enabled Atmos system. Plus, I have roughly 500 BD's so I would love to check out the 4K upconverting skills (as soon as I upgrade my TV). Happy Halloween!

rGXTc1E.jpg

AZeAsng.jpg

Mike!S

Stunt Coordinator
Hi HTF.

I am in desperate need of an upgrade to my "home theater". I have been using an old onkyo 6.1 receiver for over a decade. As you would imagine the receiver itself is a little behind the times. The majority of my digital devices are HDMI, and no longer support optical out, which has caused some issues upgrading to new equipment.

I am not a very wealthy person, and I have a family to take care of, so I've put upgrading on the "wish" list for some time now. Even if I were to upgrade to a new device, I would never be able to drop that kind of cash on a Elite receiver.

Winning this would make my year, and many years to come, so please choose me!

Thanks!

Mike

IMG_7802.JPG

IMG_7803.JPG

JohnThompson

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Thompson
I want to upgrade from my old Pioneer Elite (SC-61) to add Atmos, DSD File support via USB and get ready for 4K! It would also let me do a better job of

EQ'ing my Sub than the older version of MCACC on my current receiver.

Thompson1.jpg

Thompson2.jpg

tzetter

Auditioning
Real Name
Travis
Desperately need to upgrade all this MESS! Pioneer is awesome and would really be a good step in getting all this replaced this year.

HPIM0217.JPG

MarcHarley

Auditioning
Real Name
Marc
Here is my Home Theater that i have been building and improving and upgrading piece by piece over the last 12 years.

It took a long time but it is well worth it if you really love this stuff.
20151029_113319~2~2.jpg

technohobby

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
I've been relentlessly upgrading for . . . 30 years! I've always had an audio system in my home. I go back to the days of AR and Kenwood. Now I've got a home theater, built around a smaller Pioneer receiver and a JVC 3D projector. I'm always ready to adopt the next enhancement. I've got seats with shake and every possible media source. But, there is still much more to do. It only seems reasonable to explore how ATMOS can expand the sound field for added enjoyment. I'm ready for the next upgrade.

Attachments

• Theater-overall.jpg
    Theater-overall.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 61

GarrettB

Auditioning
Real Name
Garrett
EnXz9rJ.jpg

Here is my "Home Theater." Most of the components are pretty old, but it still pretty much (barely) gets the job done. One significant issue I have is my receiver only has two HDMI inputs. This is very limiting. TV is 10+ years old now as well, but still looks OK. A new Pioneer receiver could be the hub of a much more future-friendly home theater, since pretty much any new equipment would require HDMI inputs.

Hope I win. Thanks!

bill1029

Auditioning
Real Name
Bill
An Atmos upgrade would amazing. I just upgraded all of the speakers to B&W (CM series) and a JL Audio Sub (need to update my pictures), I would love a reason to install some ceiling speakers as well.

0725141000a.jpg

IMG_6139.JPG

Mike_Nepo

Grip
Here's my feeble attempt at a home theater. My receiver is so old, that it won't even do passthrough of HDMI inputs. Getting a Dolby Atmos stereo would leapfrog me to the latest century!

IMG_1554.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hilogisticz
Recent bookmarks