What's new

Will the damn spider go ever go away?! (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
This is a lighter thread so to speak, but for the last three days or so there has been a spider crawling all over my screen - from the inside. It's driving me nuts! It will disappear for a bit, then come back. Do I need to go inside my RPTV to kill it, or will it find a way out? Or, worse, is it laying eggs? I really don't want to go through the hassle of taking down my center channel, pulling out my RPTV, etc., etc.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Well, there's this thread, and there's the thread where Dave found the answer to his question.

So I'd say there are two threads about spiders in RPTVs.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Well, the spider is now dead. How do I know? It is in a crunched up form hanging about an inch in from the top of my screen (from the inside). I have tried tapping the top of my TV to get it to drop, but it looks as if I will have to open my set up tomorrow to get it.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
You should clean the insides (lenses etc) while you're in there, and perhaps also line it with duvatyne.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
For those who might be interested, this is the fourth thread that I can remember in this section regarding spiders making their homes inside RPTVs. As Chris says, think of this as an opportunity to do some minor but necessary maintenance (clean those innards, sir).

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Almost a year ago I did some cleaning. Initially I was against cleaning the mirror and lenses (fear of damaging), but it worked out pretty well.

On any rate, I decided to go inside ---- I removed the dead spider and I found a live spider in there which I took care of.

The lenses and mirror had such little dust on them that it wasn't working even considering to clean. Everything else looked good.

On any rate, this spider thing was a good opportunity to see how things looked inside. One thing I will say, I am suprised at how little dust builds up --- even in a year's time. And, my house is by no means immaculate. However, I don't smoke or use a fireplace, etc. So, other than some normal dust, there isn't much of anything else to contibute toa build-up of anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks