What's new

Will ONKYO take banana plugs? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
One more question...will it take spades as well?? I am trying to clean up my wires in the back...right now they are just bare and I have my B&W's bi-wired with 12 or 14ga wire so its a mess. What I am wondering is what can I use to get this done...could I use a banana and a spade plug on one terminal on the back of the reciever...so there would be on one binding post a banana and a spade...that would inturn run the + on the high and low of one speaker??

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
mark -

which banana plugs are you referring to? the single or double posted type?

for my onkyo, the binding posts in the back had non-standard spacing, so the paired plugs (that are already "clamped" together) would not work. i had to buy the single-post style.

your model may be different...not sure.

Mark Guidry

Stunt Coordinator
Well I was looking at the Monster cable banana plugs HERE they take up to one 12 gauge wire or maybe two 16 gauge...so I am wondering if I should do one 12 gauge to my B&W 602's or should I try to biwire them and use two 16 gauge wires? The run will be about 12'

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
yeah...those should work perfectly! since those are single-post style, you'll have no issues there!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SJeans123
Recent bookmarks