What's new

why I hate north dakota (2 Viewers)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
so I wake up this AM to I dunno, 6" 8" of snow, I'm really not sure. A lot considering it was 40 yesterday. So at 8:30 I head to campus for work, NOTHING is plowed, all the streets sucked.
so I'm at work until 12:30 then class at one. and they FINALLY decide to shut down campus. WHYYYYYYYY do they wait until 12:30 to close down? after everyone has driven into town, only to turn around and go back?

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
Heehee. My wife is from Montana. She said North Dakotans were usually the butt of many jokes.
biggrin.gif

------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
The high today in Los Angeles is supposed to be somewhere around 78 degrees. But, then, the cost of living in L.A. sends shivers through my entire system. Win some, lose some.
------------------
2001-a.jpg

Andy_S

Second Unit
I moved from LA to Chicago. I still love the white Christmas'.
------------------
Check out my home-built mame cabinet here!

Jin E

Second Unit
We're having 80 degree weather here in Bama... and with low taxes and low cost of living too! Of course.. then you have to live with 30 year old technology... and dial up networking, and... well.. the list goes on and on. I love it tough.
------------------
-Jin
My Theater

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Heehee. My wife is from Montana. She said North Dakotans were usually the butt of many jokes.
biggrin.gif

Hey Bill remember me? You were the first person to respond to my "Should I relocate to Montana" thread.
Well I am back in Montana, and before moving back to Ca. I had lived here in Montana for about 10 years.
Bill, your wife is right (sorry Philip), there are a lot of North Dakotan jokes, I'm not sure why,it seems we should be comrades weathering the great white North, but I'm sure North Dakotan's have many Montanan jokes. Bill, ask your wife if she has seen the Duck Boy postcards, they are hilarious, I'm sure Philip has!
One is the "Montana double date" and shows a picture of 2 hillbillies riding in an old pick up truck with 2 dogs in the cab with them, you would probably have to see it to appreciate it's humor.
Philip: Living in Montana I am familiar with your dilemma, this is one of the drawbacks to living in "Gods country", But you don't have to fight traffic, and it's easy to get to the middle of nowhere and enjoy the world without hordes of people. Also it's tough to beat a North Dakota(or Montana) summer!!! :)
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
I'm from South Dakota. No snow yet, but its a balmy 39 degrees out. Don't hate winter, embrace it. Buy a snowmobile!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Kyle-
50 dvds so far
Pontiac says it best: "Wider is better"

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
I grew up in billings.. then moved to oregon for a bit before moving here for college. it sucks here.

Jon_B

Screenwriter
She's right. I'm not sure how or even when this started(probably long before I was born). I often wonder if North Dakotans have similar jokes.
No snow here yet. I predict it should be here by halloween. Just in time for the little trick or treaters. Seems to be that way every year.
Jon

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
man it's NASTY out there. took me an hour to drive home, then another half hour to shovel a 3 foot drift our from my parking spot

Kolya

Stunt Coordinator
I grew up in NH, but live in central CA now. It's currently sunny and in the 70's.
I miss the snow
frown.gif

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
I live in central Arkansas... What's this snow thing I keep hearing about?
wink.gif
As a rule, we never get much snow here, (hardly more than 1" most years) but we usually get at least one big ice storm every winter between late December & mid February. I'd take 3' of snow over 3" of ice anyday.
It's in the 80s today but looking to drop into the 50s for the rest of the week. Beautiful weather for a fall foilage hike. :)
------------------
My DVD Collection Casa del Clint

JerryW

Supporting Actor
I live in central Arkansas... What's this snow thing I keep hearing about? As a rule, we never get much snow here, (hardly more than 1" most years) but we usually get at least one big ice storm every winter between late December & mid February. I'd take 3' of snow over 3" of ice anyday.
It's in the 80s today but looking to drop into the 50s for the rest of the week. Beautiful weather for a fall foilage hike
Let me see if I understand this properly... your name is Clinton and you live (or lived) in Arkansas? Just wanted to make sure, around here we take Meggan's Law very seriously.
wink.gif

------------------
September 11, 2001
"Those who died will always be remembered.
Those who killed will never be forgotten.
We who remain will not let it happen again."

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Man, I can't imagine living in Montana, Oregon, or North Dakota since Toronto GTA (5.5 milion people) is officially the smallest populated city that I have lived in. :)
------------------
Link Removed
15354t.jpg

------------------
My Favourite Movie

Marianne

Supporting Actor
It really sucks living in Central Florida. It was 85 today and humid - but it's supposed to cool off to 75 on Friday!
------------------
Marianne

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
I had a friend who moved from Fargo to Melbourne, FL and then after a year decided to move back to Fargo. I've never been able to figure that one out. I can't bear it when it gets under 70 degrees!
It continues to amaze me how many people are from central Florida on here.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I went to the U. of N. Dakota for 2 years. You can hardly imagine the brutality of winter there! A flock of frat boys "streaked" down the boulevard in -18 F weather to set a record, only to have it broken by some Alaska frat boys the next day. The most fun thing about the cold was taking a cup of hot water outside and throwing it up into the air, instant snow!
I was outside, briefly I might add, one morn when it was -48 F!!!, Actual temp, the windchill was -93! My car had no oil-pan heater and I had to pay for a truck to come and thaw it out many times. They'd put a heater under the car and thaw out the brake lines and jump off the dead battery.
The dorms had tunnels to connect them to each other and the mess hall so you didn't have to go outside. There were no tunnels to classes. The day it was -48 classes were canceled because it was too cold to go outside. I used to go to hockey games to warm up.... Is Frenchie's bar stille there? That was my fav! Best wishes!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...Mandrake, have you ever seen a commie drink water..."
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

Jin E

Second Unit
Must suck to live above the Mason/Dix line... you can't ride your motorcycle all year around. That would just STINK!
-Jin

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks