What's new

Why can't we save Quicktime trailers anymore? I wanna keep Minority Report. (1 Viewer)

MickeS

Senior HTF Member
I agree completely that ADS should be free to watch. I don't understand, isn't it in their best interest that as many people as possible get to see these ads??

But what I really wrote to say is... I can't believe I see a thread mentioning Alisha's Attic! I hadn't thought of them in years, and the other day I burned a bunch of my CD singles to a compliation CD, and one of them was "Alisha rules the world" by Alisha's Attic. And then I see them mentioned here, just a few days later... I didn't even know they still existed!

/Mike

Troy LaMont

Supporting Actor
Just as an FYI for PC users, you should set the options on the "Browser plug-in" section to "Save movies in disk cache".
This can be accessed by going to the Control Panel, double clicking on the Quicktime icon (or name) and selecting the "Browser plug-in" section. Or you can click on the Edit menu if you have a QuickTime player up and select Preferences->QuickTime preferences.
Also FYI, the SW trailers specifically stated that "if you're having problems viewing the movie", disable the "Save movies in disk cache" & enable the "Kiosk" mode. Kiosk mode "hides options to save movies and to change QuickTime settings from within your browser."
I saw that when the trailers first appeared and everyone was complaining about not being able to download the clips to the computer.
BTW, Apple's FAQs suck!
Troy

rbirk

Stunt Coordinator
Interesting. When I had my trailers fully downloaded I just went to the file menu and selected the save option. That saved both Episode II trailers for me with no problems.

Ron Birk

Martin Fontaine

Supporting Actor
But what I really wrote to say is... I can't believe I see a thread mentioning Alisha's Attic! I hadn't thought of them in years, and the other day I burned a bunch of my CD singles to a compliation CD, and one of them was "Alisha rules the world" by Alisha's Attic. And then I see them mentioned here, just a few days later... I didn't even know they still existed!
Yep, they still make music. Their first album was released in the US, but their last 2 were not, I imported them from England. Just because an album doesn't make the top 40 doesn't mean it's bad, it just means people have no taste in music!

Kami

Screenwriter
A few months ago I bought the CD Single Pretender Got My Heart by Alisha's Attic (A band no one knows here - had to import from England) mainly for the music video. Only to find that the MOV on the disk looks even worst than the 200-something kbps RealVideo file I got from some fan site that someone capped off TV
This is a problem with whoever encoded it, not the quicktime format itself. Geez...

Tim Holmes

Grip
>I thought the

>Data Portion of a CD could only be read by one OR the

>other. (As in, the file system was totally different and

>incompatible so that a Windows Data Portion only works on

>Windows and a Mac Data Portion only works on Mac)

That would be true if it were up to Microsoft. The Mac has always, or at least for a very long time, supported DOS formatted disks for both read and write.

Since Microsoft doesn't do this Windows users tend to assume... well, you get the idea.

Tim H.

Dave F

Senior HTF Member
Just fire up Kazaa or Morpheus and you'll find the trailers. Or, check out http://www.movie-list.com/ . Some kind soul at HTF pointed me to that site. It's fantastic & has most trailers available as direct downloads.
With enough searching, you can often find the files converted to other formats as well.
...and if it takes 4 hours to get the damn trailer(that you can only watch once), can they still call it Quicktime?
-Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks