What's new

WHV Press Release: Friday The 13th: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Russell G said:
I find it entertaining that the 3D on one of the crappier sequels is the deal breaker on this set. Wasn't the theatrical 3D presentation shit back on original release? I can't see 3D, so I'm indifferent. I'm waiting on reviews to see the quality of the transfers.
No. The 3D was very effective (theatrically) and easily the best thing about the sequel. I reviewed the anaglyph DVD release, and even in that putrid technology, one could see what it COULD be if done right for home video.

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
I have the beautiful black DVD Box Set, so I'm not going to double dip. I did just buy the original in BD for $10, but that's as much as I'm going to spend. Let the young ones with no collections spend their money!

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I don't buy that the first film is cropped correctly. It may be that the uncut print they used was framed that way. But too much image is cropped from the original framing, and not even centered. I wish they would release the R-Rated version too.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I was knocking part 3, but I don't hate it by any means. I remember no one liking it when it came out. I think in light of later sequels it comes off as not too bad.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
There's a great story that popped up on the "His Name Was Jason" DVD I reviewed a few years ago.

Ted White, who was playing Jason in "The Final Chapter" (you know, the Final Chapter before the next six...), talked about the scene where Jason knifes a girl through her rubber raft on the water. Both White and the actress talked about the fact that it was freezing cold on the night they were filming this activity. The actress was actually going into hypothermia since all she had on was a bikini. Both White and the actress confirmed that White pulled the girl out of the raft and insisted she be taken to a warm area - even at the point of telling the director he was willing to quit the movie over this. The actress credits White with saving her life. Which just goes to show you a great irony. Onscreen, Jason was killing the girl. Offscreen, Jason was saving the girl.

FoxyMulder

映画ファン
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Part 3 is the only one i haven't seen, just clips from parts of it, i never got around to watching it and since then blu ray has come along and i have been waiting for a proper 3D release, i almost bought the anaglypth version but now i have a 3D TV i want a proper version and anaglypth just doesn't cut it anymore, this could look great in proper 3D, i understand it needs a little fix up to look perfect but that wouldn't cost much,

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Russell G said:
I was knocking part 3, but I don't hate it by any means. I remember no one liking it when it came out. I think in light of later sequels it comes off as not too bad.
It did fine at the boxoffice, 21st for the year. I thought the 3D was cool when I saw it back in 1982. A lot of in-your-face sequences with the opening titles being the first

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Part 3: The scenes among the laundry made me paranoid when I was younger. Kind of funny I was worried so much about the country hick store owner couple. They weren't so bad though... I would certainly do what I could to help them if I was there.

to this day I regret not going to see the film in 3D. I'd buy a proper 3D version.

SD_Brian

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brian
Add one more vote to the I'd-upgrade-for-a-proper-3-D-release camp! Otherwise, thanks but no thanks.

The red/blue glasses with the anaglyph version mess up my vision (one eye continues to see blue and the other red for about 1/2 hour after I take the glasses off).

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Of course, yet another terrible thing about the current BD of Part 3 is that the opening titles aren't in 3D! Totally inexplicable, and another reason why this film deserves to be done right, and is most certainly a deal-breaker for a supposedly definitive box-set.

Let's face it - this set is the best we're going to get. Probably ever. We need to vote with our wallets if it's not done right.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille
Will*B said:
Of course, yet another terrible thing about the current BD of Part 3 is that the opening titles aren't in 3D! Totally inexplicable, and another reason why this film deserves to be done right, and is most certainly a deal-breaker for a supposedly definitive box-set.

Let's face it - this set is the best we're going to get. Probably ever. We need to vote with our wallets if it's not done right.
That's one of the coolest 3D scenes in the movie! The titles zoom out to be a foot in front of your face!

Rolando

Screenwriter
I agree 3 is not the best of the 3 but definitely not among the worse. Don't forget it's the one****Start Spoiler******Where he gets his mask he is so famous for***** end spoiler*****I saw it on VHS as a kid and saw it many years later in a theatre that actually played it in 3D. Wow. I never thought the 3D would be so good on a cheap horror sequel in the 80s. I have the DVD box set. I refuse to re buy the set without a proper 3D version of part 3. Give me that and I will buy it. If not, will wait 5 years of ultra HD or 3D Netflix.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks