What's new

WHV Announcement: Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
As I recall, there was supposed to be some supplemental WATCHMEN disc that Gerard Butler was involved in---is that this, or is that something else altogether?

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

Something else I believe. They filmed sections of THE BLACK FREIGHTER which is supposed to be on the DVD I think. Which is sad, since how that side story is weaved throughout the main narrative of the book is one of the things that makes it so special. Hence my doubts this film will come close to hitting the achievement of the source.

Crossing my fingers though.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
From what I understand, the entire TALES OF THE BLACK FREIGHTER story has been filmed and will be released on home video at the same time as the film is in theaters.

As for the Motion Comics, I have the first installment and, while it's interesting enough, it certainly isn't worth spending so much money on. It's like listening to an audiobook whilst having the original in front of you. Some of the limited animation is nice, but not great.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
That semi-animated style just annoys me. A lot of other discs have included features done that way and I don't care for it.

Thanks for the tips on the "Absolute" books.

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley

Maybe this disc is just WHV's way of appealing to little kids?? I dunno--I've read the Watchmen many times--there's no kid appeal in that book, let me tell you! This is not a family-friendly book; it's not the Fantastic Four or whatever. There's rape and dismemberment, sex, swearing, brutal murder. If they think the film is going to gross a zillion dollars then they'd better realize that kids aren't going to want to see it (or their parents won't want them to, more likely).

I don't even like the idea of this dvd; as I said, I've read the graphic novel many times--I didn't need any help in doing so...

Eric F

Screenwriter
Watchmen Black Freighter Blu-ray at TFAW.com

Apparently the Black Freighter/Under The Hood (documentary style) release will be separate from this and will be released March 25th. This seems more appealing to me, especially if it is fully animated, or live action shot. The details seem a bit vague at this point.

Jonathan_Clarke

Second Unit
Fascinated by this. I was going to get a few on itunes but I may wait for the blu. The price is a little high so maybe a Netflix first.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I'm not seeing anything other then the middle 2 pages.
also I wasn't able to find that podcast of ComicGeekSpeak, can you let us know were it is?

nevermoind i think i found it.
Only goes up to issue 7?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks