What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Who owns the rights to The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane? (1 Viewer)

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hey:

Anyone here know anything about the possibility of a DVD release of "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane" starring Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen? This is definitely one of Jodie's best pictures and makes her more recent work like "Contact" look down-right ridiculous!! (IMHO)

I actually see someone like Anchor Bay picking this one up. I've even seen a copy of "Napoleon and Samantha" by Anchor Bay on DVD in the city where I live.

Any news, comments, ideas on this one? I think this one needs desperate remastering and a nice OAR release.

"...the tea tastes like Almonds...?"
"...it must be the almonds in the cookies"

(Jodie Foster and Martin Sheen in "The Little Girl Who Lives Down The Lane")

:D

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
I too would welcome any news about a proper release of this film on DVD. The problem with this film is that it was produced by an independent (Claremont), so finding out who holds the rights (Vestron had it in the 1980s) is a challenge. I agree that this is one of her best performances as a young actor.

The LD version is pan and scan, as are all the video releases.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Title says it all.

I'd love to see Blue Underground take this one on.

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Interesting if it's MGM, I'll have to dig out the laser, but I'm sure there's nothing MGM on it. If so, it's now at Sony, so I'm not holding my breath on an official DVD release, especially not the European cut.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
The laser would have carried either an AIP or an Orion copyright - Vestron got the video rights from a deal they had with Orion long ago.

walter o

Supporting Actor
Mark is correct, MGM has renewed the rights to it. I know for I spoke with the producer, who said they should eb releasing it hopefully early next year. (he told me they paid almost near 6 figures for it!!!!!)

Mark Lx

Second Unit
I'm going to admit that this is my favorite JF movie, despite some strong competition.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Reconbo
Recent bookmarks