What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Who owns Deputy Dawg, Space Nut and Mighty Mouse? (1 Viewer)

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I was wondering, who owns the rights to these great cartoons? I know that Mighty Mouse cartoons are often found on Public Domain collections but I would really like to see these get a good release!

Randy

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Randy,

sadly or not, the Terrytoons are owned and controlled by CBS, complete and outright, so if they decided to do anything, it could be via them or olive,

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
CBS bought the TerryToons catalog in 1955 for their syndication arm. Said syndication arm later went independent in the early 70s and became Viacom.

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
I would really like to see releases for Mighty Mouse and Deputy Dawg. As for Far Out Space Nuts, I've been surprised that there has never been a complete set put out, just a few episodes on DVD and VHS. Perhaps there is some legal issue. At any rate, it is high on my want list.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I would like to see Mighty Mouse, Deputy Dawg, Hector Heathcote, The Adventures of Lariat Sam, Tom Terrific and Heckle and Jeckle from Terrytoons. I don't know if there is any chance having VEI do something with these or not, but I would be interested in all of these.

ChrisALM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I have a couple of Lariat Sam and Hector Heathcote VHS tapes that are not in very good condition. I burned them to DVD some time ago, but they are what they are. There are 3 or 4 Lariat Sam episodes on You Tube, so those few episodes are available to watch. Tom Terrific has some clips posted on You Tube last time I checked, but that was it. I have an alternate Deputy Dawg set, which appears to be taped from TV as the source material. Quality varies from watchable to rough. I would gladly replace all of these with official releases.

CBS apparently has zero interest in releasing this material, so it is going to take someone else to do it. Maybe VEI will have some interest, or maybe it will take a company like Thunderbean to do it. I just hope we eventually get this material out on a quality DVD release.

Randy*S

Second Unit
Real Name
Randy
I would buy a official set too. I've seen the youtube videos too but CBS is loosing a lot of money by not marketing Mighty Mouse since he's a popular character. And there are 32 characters and six TV series for CBS and all better than the garbage on Cartoon Network, Nick or Disney these days

I'd like to see them release Mighty Mouse, Heckle and Jeckle, Deputy Dawg, Astronut, James Hound and Mighty Heros. Even a MOD set would be welcome!

Dave Lawrence

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I'm in for some more Mighty Mouse. Sad that more hasn't been released by now, but considering that I don't believe it's been rerun on TV in decades, I'm not surprised. I'd also like to see a Hashimoto Mouse release but I'm not holding my breath.

Polbroth

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Taylor
It's bizare that none of these classic 60s cartoons have seen a release other than VHS.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandallFlagg
Recent bookmarks
SVS Outlet Sale