What's new

Who Met the Stars: Supply pics (1 Viewer)

Dan Whalen

Stunt Coordinator
I have pics, but don't know where they are.
frown.gif
I was at an independent wrestling card at Remington's in Topeka, KS and got up in the ring with Harley Race, Dustin Rhodes, and DDP. All very nice guys. Wish Kimberly would have been with DDP though.
wink.gif

Dan

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
I saw the Traffic Lady on our local news station in the mall and she even smiled at me. I also think I saw a glimpse of Mickey at Disney Land, not really sure about that one though, could have been someone els!
Other than that not too many stars hang out in West Jordan.
Wes

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I was in the Salt Lake City airport one Thanksgiving week to catch a flight. Who does my son start mooching french fries from? John Lithgow's daughter. When he started asking for fries I looked up to see who the family was and there he was with his wife and kids. So we chatted for a bit. Just talked about destinations and the weather.
rolleyes.gif

Then the following Christmas we were in the Kalispell Montana airport. We found a seat in an area that wasn't too crowded and who did I sit next to? Yep, John Lithgow again. Didn't realize it until after I left to get a soda and came back! He was helping his son with some Latin homework. I didn't bother him because some kids showed up for an autograph. He gave one an a autograph then turned the others away because he wanted to finish helping his son. He seemed like a real family man.
icon14.gif

I went to the Hollywood premier of Crocodile Dundee 2 at the Mann Chinese Theater when I was a kid. When the movie was over and we were leaving the theater a bunch of people with cameras starting rushing towards me. I quickly moved to the side and looked behind me. Sure enough, Paul Hogan had been walking up the theater isle and out the theater right behind me the whole time. D'oh!
------------------
Bill
biggrin.gif

mickey31.gif

Brian Mansure

Second Unit
Some might not consider Professional Wrestlers stars but I do.
I'm the guy on the right.
Link Removed
There are a few more pics of my friends and I with other WWF Wrestlers at Link Removed
Brian
------------------
BAM
[Edited last by Brian Mansure on November 05, 2001 at 01:31 PM]

Derek Miner

Screenwriter
I've been trying to think of who I met in my years. Not many pictures as proof, but a couple autographs.
I went to a few Star Trek conventions in my teens, and got autographs from Walter Koenig, George Takei, Wil Wheaton, Marina Sirtis, John DeLancie and Rene Auberjonois.
In college, I was in Campus Activities, where we had many guests and special events. Most of our shows were comedy, and we had many stand-ups. We had Jim Breuer and Jay Mohr before they were on Saturday Night Live. I was usually part of the group that took the performers out to eat following the show, which was quite a treat.
During one of the conferences I attended during my activities tenure, a group of us met Rhonda Shear (you know, USA Up All Night?). My friends snapped a picture of me getting embarrassed as she kissed me on the cheek.
We also had some guest speakers on campus like Charleton Heston, Barry Williams (yes, Greg Brady) and Edward James Olmos - who is one of the nicest people you will EVER meet. He hung around to talk to EVERY person who came back to meet him.
A few years ago, I got a brief moment to talk with Kevin Smith. Two years ago, I had Robert Picardo sign my "Innerspace" poster. Most recently, I got pictures with Penn & Teller after seeing their show at the MGM Grand.
= Derek =

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
"Paul Hogan had been walking up the theater isle and out the theater right behind me the whole time. D'oh!"
yeahhhp..
that's what they all say...
they all say D'oh!
Did I mention that Pamela Anderson Is my cousin? I've brought it up on this board before. It's true. Have I ever met her? No. Don't really care to. My dad's met her father though I believe. That end of the family was never very close. I have tons of family on Vancouver Island from my dad's side. They're from Ladysmith origionally.... always loved her as the labatts blue girl and the first tool time girl... MMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm..... cousinsss......
------------------
McPaul.
[Edited last by Paul McGowan on November 05, 2001 at 11:42 PM]

John Besse

Supporting Actor
Real Name
John
I've got pictures and autographs of a whole mess of people. Too bad I don't have a scanner to put them on the 'puter.
Here's some of my list:
Met the first three in Greensboro, NC when they played for the Yankee's farm team. Still doesn't change the fact I despise the Yankees though
wink.gif

Derek Jeter - New York Yankees
Shane Spencer - New York Yankees
Mariano Rivera - New York Yankees
Dave Martinez - Atlanta Braves
Martin Gramatica - Tampa Bay Buccaneers (kicker)
James Hetfeild - Metallica
Jason Newsted - Ex-Metallica
Marty Friedman - Ex-Megadeth (lead gutarist)
James Murphy - Testament and Cancer
Mike Portnoy - Dream Theater (drummer)
Jordan Rudess - Dream Theater (keyboards)
Mikael Åkerfeldt - Opeth (vocals, guitar)
Peter Lindgren - Opeth (guitar)
Martin Mendez - Opeth (bass)
Martin Lopez - Opeth (drummer)
Kurt Angle - WWF
I've met a lot of other people probably not worth mentioning at E3, guitar conventions and sports events.
------------------
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Hugh Jackes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Hugh Jackes
Went with my kids to a meet 'n greet with Charlotte Church (Welsh, teen-age, classical music singer). My older son, Tim, intends to marry her. (But he's not a stalker, so fear not Charlotte.)
Link Removed
She was very sweet, spent time with the boys, to the point that her "people" got edgy.

Craig Chatterton

Stunt Coordinator
I saw Link Removed at a Vegas show a few years ago. Went up and talked to him afterwards, but no photo or autograph. He's a very nice man, very polite.
------------------
Virgo: All Virgo's are extremely friendly and intelligent, except for you. Expect a big surprise today, when you wind up with your head impaled upon a stick.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Derek, I also saw Penn and Teller. They put on a great great show. I loved the beginning when they came out in their big body balloon props. DDEEEWWW!!
Yet, their show is somewhat political and sexually talkative, kind of odd sitting near my mom hearing this stuff, but it was OK, my brother was their so it wasn't that awkward (I just dislike encountering these scenarios with my mom present..too weird, and no, I'm not 7, I'm 17)
-Bert
P.S.-I also met the real Patch Adams at the premiere that night, he was actually standing right next to Robin Williams in the picture of Rob and me but on the red carpet at the Uptown up the street, he was a real jackass, therefore, I didn't ask for a pic or autograph. What's weird is, is that Patch was at the Penn and Teller show that night.

Chuck Parker

Agent
not much to speak of, really....
-Talked guitar effects with Barenaked Ladies in Philadelphia
-Was briefly introduced to Ed K. of Live at a show in Harrisburg PA by a mutual acquaintance (he was kinda aloof)
-talked, drank, and generally hung out with numerous "national" but relatively unknown musicians from PA, including the Badlees, The Clarks, and Jeffrey Gaines.
-Tripped over one of the New Kids on the Block in NYC about 12 years ago (couldn't tell you which one)
-and finally (and I know there are a couple of HTF'ers who'll appreciate this) - I was personally greeted by Northeastern Pennsylvania legent Miss Judy of the Land of Hatchy Malatchy!
-chuck

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have met "Weird Al" Yankovic twice, each time backstage after one of his concerts. I don't have any pics available to post right now.
I had a celebrity health teacher my sophomore year in high school - Mike Katz, who co-starred in the "Pumping Iron" bodybuilding documentary with Ah-nold, Lou Ferrigno, and others. Nicest guy you could ever meet.
Although I never got a chance to talk to him, I have met Arizona Diamondback and now 2-time World Series champion, Craig Counsell. I met him when he was playing for the local AA Minor League baseball team where I live. He signed a baseball for me, which I still have.
Also, I'm not positive about this one, but I think I ran into Keith Olbermann on the street a few years ago, back when he was still at ESPN. I live about 25-30 away from ESPN's HQ/studios, and I passed by someone on the street on the way into a bank. I just saw his face real quick, but it looked like Keith, and then I say he was wearing an ESPN jacket, so I have a feeling it was him. Probably doesn't count though.
[Edited last by Scott_J on November 06, 2001 at 02:54 PM]

Jarrod_L

Stunt Coordinator
I've had minor encounters w/ minor celebs...
At the beginning of the year I worked in a law office in downtown Lexington, KY for about a month. One day, as I was in a rush to leave, I nearly ran over the country singer John Michael Montgomery in our hallway. Apparently, he was there to sign some legal documents. Not being a country music fan AT ALL, I wasn't all that impressed.
A couple of years ago I bumped into former Black Flag frontman Henry Rollins in a Cincinnati record store. He was playing in a club across the street from there. I went to the show & it was quite good.
Henry was a nice guy, but I didn't want to bug him, so I just spoke with him for a few minutes and let him go.
Rockin' good time at the show, though :)

Joel C

Screenwriter
I met Muhammaud Ali at a little Baker Square type resturant in Michigan. He just came in to eat with his bodyguards. Was nice, shook hands and made a joke that my brother (15 or so at the time) should pick up the check.
------------------
Joel
[email protected]
"I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
digitallyOBSESSED

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i worked as a lowly page at paramount studios for a while and worked at the good guys on la cienega in los angeles for a while too.
i mention good guys because it was a 24-hour joint and all the stars used to go there late at night. i remember seeing/talking to...
janet jackson (didn't get to talk), shannon doherty (sp?) (i almost ran into her opening a door), that really tan actor (george something? - he swears a lot), the wayans brothers (total jerks), the drummer from the police (nice guy), fabio (really nice guy)
when i was a page at paramount, i worked on many of the sitcoms including cheers, in living color, wings, the fresh prince, a different world, etc. i also worked two sometimes three nights a week on the arsenio hall show. i used to give tours of the studio and all the sets, etc. of course, most of you know that star trek is filmed there. our office was right next to the TNG offices.
so, needless to say i've met a bunch of people. i guess i really don't keep track. some that stick out include jonathan frakes (a really nice guy), liza gibbons (sp? - she gave me a hug during one of my tours and told my group how cute i was), bob hope (he was there for the grand-opening of the backlot), maybe a couple others here and there.
it was fun, but i'm not a real fanatic kind of fan, so i never bothered getting autographs or pictures or anything. but it was cool...
------------------
"The ship of death has a new captain." - nosferatu (1922)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
This is a great thread.
I've met tons of musicians back in the day -- the 80s -- when that was my scene. But the two best "meets" happened at this old Baltimore rock club, Hammerjacks, in the 80s...
First, the group "3" played there. That was of course Emerson, Palmer and some guy named Berry or something. Key was, seeing Keith Emerson up close in a little rock club; he played the whole show smiling and staring at the hottie I was with, as we leaned right up on the lip of the stage. Anyway, after the show the place cleared out like a firealarm, since it was a leather hard rock place and the 3 show brought in a totally different crowd. Walking back behind the stage to go to the john, who should I bump into standing in the hall but Keith himself -- one of my all time musician idols! He looked a little lost, standing there in his leather duds with big bowie knives strapped to his thighs, but I walked right up, put out my hand, said, "Keith? I've been a fan for years. Awesome show tonight, thanks!" And he seemed to recognize me as the guy leaning on the stage with the hottie, and he shook my hand, we said a few nice words, and then he was called away by one of his handlers. KEITH EMERSON -- I shook his piano playin' hand! I walked back to where my pals were in the bar holding my hand like a holy relic! Keith was short.
Second time, I was squeezing thru a bar crowd to go from one end of this bar to the other -- doing the Hammerjack's Crawl we used to call it, an annual rotation around the giant club to scope babes and stuff -- with my head down, when I was pushed up against this person who (with my head down) looked to be all decked out in black leather and holding A RIDING CROP. So I looked up and found myself chest to chest with Alice Cooper. Thinking fast, I pulled out a dollar bill and a "sharpie" and had him sign the bill! Now, I have a dollar bill signed by Alice Cooper. He was very nice and looked old, like hell warmed over.
Other assorted "was cool then" meetings: Sat next to Ice T and Axel Rose. Hung out with LA Guns, WhiteSnake (never met Dave, tho), George Lynch and the Dokken guys in Lynch Mob, and that guy from Little Cesaer who gets thrown out the window by Arnold S. in the opening scenes of T2... Went to a bar mitzvah once and met Elliot Gould there. Had a few nice words with Griffin Dunne once on the street in NYC (nice guy -- and us New Yorkers are always so stoic when we meet stars, it's no biggie!).
And my cousin is "the third girl" in "When Harry Met Sally," Lisa Jane Persky. She always plays annoying redheads, see "Cotton Club." But I've never met her, only her father.
Ah, to be young and cool again...
------------------
[email protected]
"When your head says one thing and your whole life says another,
your head always loses." (Key Largo)

Mark Lee

Second Unit
Curiously, I had most of my celeb sightings during medical school, because I did most of my rotations at Bellevue Hospital, which seemed to be where half of Hollywood went for that "gritty, grimy Noo Yawk" look when they needed a hospital scene.
I got autographs from Hugh Grant and Liz Hurley (wearing some tasty black leather pants....
yum.gif
) while they toured the ER doing research for that crappy hospital thriller they did with Gene Hackman some years ago. (The whole time they were there, one of our psychotic, homeless regulars was busy making crude, lewd comments at the top of his lungs at Ms. Hurley -- I suspect he helped shorten their stay with us....)
I saw Dennis Franz and Jimmy Smits filming a scene by the entrance to the Bellevue ER.
I also saw Andy Garcia poking his head out of a trailer parked out in front of Bellevue.
And while I missed it myself, some of my friends watched Mel Gibson and Julia Roberts filming a scene out front for Conspiracy Theory (the one where Julia crosses the street at night and jumps into her car, in which Mel is already hiding).
I cornered Keyshawn Johnson outside the men's bathroom at Virgil's BBQ a couple of hours after he had been drafted #1 by the NY Jets (still have his autograph on the back of a BBQ-stained Virgil's placemat).
Steve Francis, Maurice Taylor and a few other sundry Houston Rockets worked out in my gym in Century City last year (they were in town for a Clippers game) -- not terribly friendly folks.
And I got autographs from Tracy Austin and the great Bjorn Borg at the tennis academy near my home on Long Island.
But like someone else said, you just never seem to have a camera handy when these chance meetings happen....
------------------
Mark K. Lee
"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it, depends on what you put into it."
- Tom Lehrer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks