What's new

Who Met the Stars: Supply pics (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Ah, Mark's post reminded me of another thing!
My dad! My dad's retired, and he and his buddy Murray have become EXTRAS on productions in and around NYC. He's been recognized on the street even a few times (he did a commercial wherein he played a person in a wheelchair, and he was stopped on the street by people who were in shock that he was "walking now"!).
Anyway, my dad and Murray got on the new A&E show "100 Centre Street," where they got to play -- to their delight, a couple of black-clad orthodox Jewish rabbis (my dad has always had fantasies of being a rabbi!). So my dad is wearing this beard and hat make up, and the director of that episode SIDNEY LUMET comes up to him and angrily demands that my dad follow him down this hall -- my dad is telling me this and doesn't even know who SIDNEY LUMET is! -- and Sidney takes my dad to the makeup trailor and stands there while the makeup people fix my dad's makeup before walking him back to the set.
My dad, hanging with Sidney Lumet while dressed as a rabbi.
Also, my dad is in the motorcycle chase scene, right next to Mel Gibson, when the guys drop out of the helicopter on Columbus Circle in CONSPIRACY THEORY. Filmed on location at 3am -- and my dad's bedtime is like 8.
So many fun stories!
MC
------------------
[email protected]
"When your head says one thing and your whole life says another,
your head always loses." (Key Largo)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, I met Mike Knapp for lunch last year, he's a star right?
wink.gif

It was great, we made some comments about Mariah Carey's assets!
------------------
To the men and women of the N.Y. police and fire department
God bless you.
To the victims and their families
God keep you.
To the dirtbags who caused all this
God help you!!!

Mike H

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have any pictures, but I meet Linda Blair from the Exorcist last weekend at a book signing. It was a little weird because she doesn't want to be associated with the Exorcist anymore. She was out promoting her book about being Vegan and all. The weirdest part is they advertised it as Linda Blair from the Exorcist.
Mike

AdrianOC

Stunt Coordinator
I have a pic at home with me meeting Vanessa Williams. I'll post it at the weekend if I can.
She was at the official opening of the Virgin Megastore in Downtown Disney, Orlando FL.
She had a new album out at the time - but I got her to sign my widescreen vhs (aarrggghh!) copy of Eraser.
Very nice lady...
wink.gif

------------------
"Want to hold up a bank in Latin?
"Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam."
(I have a catapult. Give me all the money, or I will fling an enormous rock at your head.)
My DVD List

Michael*K

Screenwriter
I guess this doesn't really count as "meeting" a star, but it's the closest I came. Back in '97, I was at work on a Saturday. Wabash Street was closed off for two blocks off downtown. I had to cross the street to get to my train. Instead of going two blocks out of my way, I walked on the sidewalk and crossed the street in the middle of the block where there were no barricades. As I kept walking, I noticed several light towers and I stepped on some cables. I stopped to see what I almost tripped on and there sitting right next to me in one of those director's type chairs was...Mel Gibson. I thought, "Holy shit...that's Mel Gibson!" What the hell else could I say? They were filming a scene for Payback and Mel had all this blood and crap painted on his face...pretty cool. I didn't shake his hand and I didn't have a camera. Lucky thing too, since I probably would have been tossed up on the "El" tracks by the five or six burly Teamsters dudes standing around.
patriot.gif

------------------
--Mike
Amazon Hot 100 DVD's

Ryan Wright

Screenwriter
I've met.... nobody. Not a single famous person. I need to get out more often...
------------------
-Ryan (http://www.ryanwright.com )
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you do criticize them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

BryanZ

Screenwriter
For me, it has only been Bill Elliot (that I'm aware of). If I ever see celebs I don't ask for their autographs. After all, they have lives, just like we do. If it is specifically an autograph session, that's another story all together. And yes, I do have Bill's autograph!
wink.gif

Paul Jenkins

Supporting Actor
doesn't actually count as 'meeting' someone in my definition, but it is enough to piss my wife off to no end, so i use it...
was in Vancouver for business a few years back, got in REAL late after driving from Seattle (stupid idea to fly into Seattle then drive to Vancouver, but it was cheaper, I digress...)
So, it is about 1:30am or so, we pull up at a really nice hotel whose name escapes me at the moment, but the guy I was travelling with stayed there a lot on business in Vancouver and said it was one of the best. I get out of the car to stretch and just about hit David Duchovny who is walking out of the hotel bar. Didn't even realize it was him, just thought it was another schmoe leaving a bar drunk at 1:30am :) I continued to get my luggage out of the car and he came back in and passed me again. That's when I recognized him. I did a double take to make sure, then asked the guy I was driving with and he said Duchovny was at that bar a lot as was the crew from Highlander, the Series. So, I checked into the hotel, and came down into the bar and saw Duchovny and some of the people from Highlander still there (Aidan Paul(sp?) and the guy with the limp). About 15 people in the entire bar, and myself looking like an idiot business guy drinking alone at 2am :)
Sat at the bar and had the obligatory 'hi, how are ya' with the lot of them, they left soon after I sat down.
So, no big conversations, no pictures, no autographs [never had an interest in anyone's autograph really, except Michael Jordan's, but doubt I'll see that!..]
But my wife has a HUGE crush on Duchovny, so I never shy away from bringing up the fact that "i had a beer with him".
hehehe...

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Bruce Campbell is the only movie star I've ever met. Such a swell guy.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
"Let's see, Matt Chmiel has Rini Bell, NickSO has Mena Suvari, John Williamson has Ivana Milisevic, and Steve Gon has Emmanuelle Beart...who the hell do I have???
"It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
My DVD Collection

Alex S

Second Unit
About 15 years ago my wife and I got backstage passes to an off-broadway play called "Cuba and His Teddy Bear"
starring Robert DeNiro, Ralph Macchio and Burt Young.
The play was great and afterwards we met all of them.
DeNiro was then and still is my favorite actor. I got a great shot of him and me. I'll try and post it.

BertFalasco

Supporting Actor
Dome,
That's "phat" you met Bruce, my brother and his friend would go ape $h*T because they love the Evil Dead series. I like the series but not as much as I loved to watch Brisco County Jr.
-Bert

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I don't have any pictures, but I do have a videotape of myself and Emmanuelle Beart making....well, never mind, you wouldn't believe it, anyway!
biggrin.gif

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
I met Billy Zane in Pussers in Wilmington, NC (you can see the resturant in I Know What You Did Last Summer); nice guy.
My dad takes the cake. Back in 1980, we were living in Burgaw, NC (outside of Wilmington) and he used to go to the YMCA and work out. He was big on pick up basketball then and he ended up playing a couple games that summer with a kid named Michael Jordan!
------------------
hfb.jpg

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Nick Sievers

Senior HTF Member
I haven't got pics but I was visiting my mate at his bookstore about a month ago and Carrie-Anne Moss (she is even finer in person) walked in. I chatted to her, she is a top chick. They must hate it but I complemented her for Memento, and she said you're one of the only people to actually say that :) most people just say aren't you the chick from The Matrix. Which she then said no, I can't say anything about the next one :)
I also met Forest Whitaker when I was in the US about a year or so ago. Good lad as well.
------------------
-Nick Sievers
Nick's DVD's
2001 Film List
[Edited last by Nick_S on November 10, 2001 at 04:17 AM]

Brad_W

Screenwriter
The bands that I've met and/or got autographs from:
1. Dream Theater
2. Machine Head
3. Slipknot (no masks)
4. Coal Chamber
5. Deftones
6. Stuck Mojo
7. Death
8. Fear Factory
When I saw System of a Down on Thursday in Atlanta the guy that plays "The Bass Player" in the movie, That Thing You Do! was standing behind us with no shirt on dancing. But, I really didn't meet him. Also, as I was waiting in line for the concert President George W. Bush drove by in his motorcaid.
Finally,
you can see a picture of me and Robert T. Baker (he's got his hand on my book that he just autographed) right here:
http://www.geocities.com/masternix/toys1.html
------------------
"I was born to murder the world." -Nix (Lord of Illusions)
My Home Page http://www.geocities.com/masternix/DVD.html
My List O' DVDs:
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks