What's new

Which Single Movie Of Your Collection Gets The Most Long Term Replay ? (1 Viewer)

anytimepally

Agent
Real Name
Jim
The Lion in Winter and Cool Runnings are probably the two films I re-watch most often.

All of the original 3 Muppet films are also watched a lot.

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
513CvhllJzL._AC_.jpg

Real Name
Rolf Skrinde
Little Shop of Horrors. One of the best stage to screen translations ever. A perfect cast, fantastic music, and outstanding production values. So funny and touching with surprising depth. No other film can move me in quite the same ways. Extraordinary. And a glorious blu ray presentation.
1795705.jpg

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
Little Shop of Horrors. One of the best stage to screen translations ever. A perfect cast, fantastic music, and outstanding production values. So funny and touching with surprising depth. No other film can move me in quite the same ways. Extraordinary. And a glorious blu ray presentation. View attachment 178762
Great cast ! Thank you for the memory jog. Gotta add that one! 😎 AND a big welcome to the place !!!

TJPC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Terry Carroll
I almost never play a movie a second time. If I do, I am a traditionalist and it's "The Wizard of Oz", "Citizen Kane" or "Casablanca". I watch the last one for the astounding beauty of Ingred Bergman.

billO'

Stunt Coordinator
Disc-wise, there'd be way too many to list...

However, since I have a DVR, I keep a few movies stored on it that I re-run endlessly just to let them play while I'm near the TV. Currently, these are the films I keep accessing:

The Great Race
Glengarry Glen Ross
Dr. Strangelove
Chinatown

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
...... Currently, these are the films I keep accessing:

The Great Race
Glengarry Glen Ross
Dr. Strangelove
Chinatown
Chinatown is such a jem & invariably draws me right into the period. It's high on my "short list" as well & it's always followed by "The Two Jakes" (the sequel /16yrs), directed by Jack himself).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 2.24.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-03-12 at 2.24.38 PM.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 24
Real Name
Rolf Skrinde
Star Wars, the original 1977 version. Having suffered through years of the god awful "Special Editions", I finally got my hands on the Despecialized Trilogy on blu ray through easy online searches. Not to promote this kind of thing, but Fox seems uninterested in going after this version. I got tears in my eyes seeing the old Lucasfilm and Fox logos, and had forgotten just how many insufferable and egregious changes had been made to the beloved classic. The still stunning Academy Award winning special effects back in place, the color returned to it's original timing as well as the soundtrack restored, all in amazing quality. It's all I've ever wanted. Thank you to the rebels who made it possible.
Star Wars Original.jpg

Last edited:

Rob W

Screenwriter
Real Name
Robert
Bye Bye Birdie.

Ann-Margret gives what is universally acknowledged to be the greatest performance by anyone in anything ever.
IMG_1125.jpeg

Here she is at the TCM Classic Film Festival showing of Bye Bye Birdie last month at the Chinese Theatre, being surprised by a custom birthday cake with replicas of her legs on top.

B....

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Blair
The Apartment
West Side Story
The Sound of Music
7 Brides for 7 Brothers
Vertigo
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
North By Northwest
The Searchers
Forrest Gump
Some Came Running
I'm sure there are a number of us that would love to see "The Man Who Knew Too Much" (1956), in a 4k HDR, but it may be a long wait.

Claude North

Second Unit
I have a long list of Christmas movies I watch every year, starting with MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947) on the night before Thanksgiving. (Each year, the list gets longer...)

I always watch THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (1956) the night before Easter.

The two films I've probably watched most often are ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968) and HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970).

mskaye

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Kochman
I have a long list of Christmas movies I watch every year, starting with MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET (1947) on the night before Thanksgiving. (Each year, the list gets longer...)

I always watch THE TEN COMMANDMENTS (1956) the night before Easter.

The two films I've probably watched most often are ROSEMARY'S BABY (1968) and HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS (1970).
God and Satan. A match made in heaven! Or hell ?

Ahab

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hal Friederichs
Great thread!

There are a number of films I watch at least once a year but these three are at the top of that list:

The Best Years of Our Lives. Best war film ever made IMHO.

Chinatown. The story, cinematography, acting, and soundtrack are all perfect.

The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. This one has impacted me more as I've aged. A painful reminder of the price payed for relying on the myths we seem to need. The last scene moves me to tears.

moviefanatic1979

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Even
My favourite movies are not the ones I watch the most.
Some of them I don‘t want to spoil by overwatching.
Years go by before watching a fav.
It keeps them kinda fresh.

The light entertainment movies tend to be the ones I watch over and over.

Here‘s some light ones which come to mind:

All Elvis movies. Being a fan I can watch almost all of his movies except for the really bad ones. There’s a few which are hard to watch even as a fan.

Viva Las Vegas (1964) is the one I‘ve watched most of all the movies I own. It made me an Ann-Margret fan too :)

State Fair (1945)
April Love (1957)

These are comfort movies too.
The lovely songs, the country setting and the warm and happy feeling they give you.
And the acting.
The 1945 film is a fav having Dana Andrews, Jeanne Crain and Dick Haymes. I like all of them. I‘m a fan of Haymes‘ records too.

The 1957 film is a fav with Pat Boone, Shirley Jones and Albert O’Connell in it.
O’Connell is a fav actor who also is in 2 Elvis films (Follow That Dream (1962) is wonderful!)
I like the natural acting style of Pat Boone.
It‘s a shame we don’t have discs in OAR of Bernardine (1957), Mardi Gras (1958) & The Main Attraction (1962).

Films I could watch often, but don’t, are:

Jacques Tourneur (dir.):
Canyon Passage (1946)
Out of the Past (1947)
Stars in My Crown (1950)
Anne of the Indies (1951)
Stranger on Horseback (1955)
Wichita (1955)

Joel McCrea is a fav actor.

With Dick Powell:
Murder, My Sweet (1944)
Pitfall (1948)
Cry Danger (1951)
Susan Slept Here (1954)

Now, where is To the Ends of the Earth (1948) on disc?

I could go on and on, but I‘ll stop here :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks