What's new

Which series could you watch a 12 hour marathon of? (2 Viewers)

Barry_B_B

Second Unit
Real Name
Barry
Star Trek, TOS and DS9
The Twilight Zone original series
Homicide
The Shield

Puts me in series heaven!
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif

Will Krupp

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Will
well I've had to take breaks but:

I Love Lucy
Buffy
Mary Tyler Moore
Sex and the City
The Avengers (Emma Peel and select Tara Kings)

oh...Absolutely Fabulous, too

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
I came close to doing 12-hr marathons on DS9 two years ago when between jobs (finally had time to watch it!). I've burned through West Wing sets pretty quickly upon release as well, but that's usually re-watching, not a first viewing.

I'm watching Homicide Life On The Street for the first time now, just started S5, and I'd happily do a 12-hr marathon if I had time, but will settle for 2-3 eps an evening as time permits.

Mike*HTF

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Batman
Man From U.N.C.L.E.
Green Hornet (although I think the whole season would only amount to about 10 or so hours)
Burke's Law

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
I've actually done a few marathons on rainy weekends (of which we've had a bunch lately) or when down with a flu and not up for much of anything else. Probably more than 12 hours at a stretch for some shows. (Having a 400 disc changer helps. Sometimes it is hard to stop watching a series when you can just pop from disc to disc.) Anyway, here are some shows I've run through in really long sessions:

Babylon 5 (No surprise :))
CSI (A couple of times.)
The Prisoner
Highlander
Forever Knight
The Ascent of Man
A History of Britain
Dead Like Me
The Adventures of Superman
NYPD Blue
The X-Files
The Avengers (The Emma Peel Collection)
The Civil War
Sports Night
News Radio
Gilmore Girls

Regards,

Joe

Dean C

Second Unit
Real Name
Dean
7th heaven
Gilligan's Island
Scooby Doo Where Are You on
Now add
King of Queens
Frasier
Seinfeld
Friends
The Brady Bunch.
These series are complete series too

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
mannix
cannon
the six million dollar man
mission impossible,starting with the 2nd season
angie
hogans heroes

Zer0 Voltage

Auditioning
Real Name
Lou
I know from experience that I can watch any of the following non-stop:

- Coupling (the UK version of course)
- Futurama
- The King of Queens
- Married with Children
- The Twilight Zone (confirmed every 4th of July thanks to The Sci-Fi Channel ;) )

What's interesting about this is that these aren't my favorite shows. My top list would be much different. I think that's because for "marathon" viewing I want shows that won't hold my attention as much. I need my brain to be detached to a certain degree for a long session. Comedy usually works best for that.

Mike Heenan

Second Unit
I guess it would depend on how fresh the show is in my mind... I usually finish the Magnum PI sets in a few days as I really didn't follow the show in syndication much so it's fun to see them "new". Deadwood and Sopranos I did "marathons" on and usually watched 1 disc a day (as they were netflix'd). I haven't really done any true marathons (like say inviting a friend over and watch a show all day or something like that) as there's just too much out there too see.

Theodore J. Mooney

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I could easily have a 12 hour marathon of ...

* I Love Lucy
* Laverne & Shirley
* The Brady Bunch
* Three's Company
* The Lucy Show
* Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C.
* Green Acres
* America's Next Top Model
* Big Brother
* Survivor

I once had a weekend marathon (waaaayyyy over 12 hours) of Here's Lucy where I copied around 115 episodes on tapes. Now that my tastes have changed some, I don't think I can have another marathon like that of that show anytime soon.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Well, my #1 choice for a 12 hour marathon would easily be Monty Python. I drop that in for a marathon fairly frequently actually.

Others that I've done, or could easily do, would be MST3K, The Office (either version, even though British only comes to 7 1/2 hours), Get Smart, Mr. Show, Newsradio, Soap, Tales From The Crypt (although, probably could only do this one once), Dr. Katz, Ren and Stimpy, Seinfeld, Arrested Development, and Six Feet Under. There's also some old faithful animated standby's like Simpsons, Family Guy, and South Park (but I catch these in syndication on tv SO MUCH that I probably couldn't do it for 12 straight hours, who knows).

Recently (while home sick), I watched the full run of the Planet Earth documentary. Fascinating stuff. If I had the dvd, the bonus docs would put it over 12, but since I have the Blu-Ray, with no special features, it clocks in just shy at about 11.

One other choice is League of Gentlemen. About once a year or so, I sit down to watch the show and love it so much that I end up drilling through all three series and the Christmas special. With all of those, and the movie though, it only comes to about 11 1/2 hours, so just shy. If you add the two live shows, however, it easily pushes to about the 14 hour mark. I HIGHLY recommend this show to anyone that hasn't tried it. The movie and live stage shows are only available on region 2 though.

JasonJason

Stunt Coordinator
Corey,

The Wire is one show that I keep meaning to try cause I hear nothing but GREAT stuff about it, but haven't had a chance yet. It's one that I'd be willing to go "blind buy" on I'm pretty sure. I'd be willing to bet though, that once I do, I'll have another to add to the list. Thanks for the reminder!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks