What's new

Which series could you watch a 12 hour marathon of? (1 Viewer)

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
Kolchak: The Night Stalker
Any of the Law and Order series
Monk
Perry Mason
Miami Vice
The X Files
Alfred Hitchcock Presents

Long ago, I actually did watch all the Kolchak's on Halloween

Ken Chui

Supporting Actor
I Dream of Jeannie (15 hours actually, thanks to TV Land :D )
Gilmore Girls
Gilligan's Island
Frasier
Law & Order
Law & Order: Criminal Intent
Law & Order: SVU
Three's Company

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I agree with Star Trek: TNG, and throw in most of the the Star Treks with this one, except DS9. I could also stand 12 hours of ``Family Guy,'' and perhaps even ``The A-Team.'' Fortunately, with TV on DVD, I can vary the shows I watch every day during my ``weekends,'' such as my current viewing sked of ``CHiPs,'' ``Eureka,'' ``Lois & Clark'' S2 and ``Star Trek: TNG'' S5.

Ron68

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Ron
None, the most I can watch is maybe 5 or 6 episodes a day before I start getting tired of watching them. I can watch at least 6 of Lost and 24 because of how addicting the shows are but most shows I just watch 3 or 4 a day, though I spread them out over the course of the day

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
I have done it for lots of shows. I am pretty sure I did the "right" thing and watched 24 for 24 hours straight once... Other marathons that come to mind are Buffy, Sopranos, Seinfeld. Does all of Arrested Development come to 12 hours?...if so, that too quite recently.

Elena S

Supporting Actor
If they were on DVD I would watch marathons of:

The Donna Reed Show
The Patty Duke Show
Occasional Wife

And I will probably watch a marathon of Route 66 when it comes out!

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
"WKRP in Cincinnati" would be my #1 favorite choice, can't get enough of that one, then the UK sitcom "The Young Ones" and probably "Columbo".

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
There aren't 12 hours of "The Young Ones" to watch to begin with. The entire, 30-minute, 12 episode run comes to six hours.

David*P

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
I could definitely do, and did, have 12 hour marathons of:

LOST
Bewitched
I Dream of Jeannie

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member

David, you'e kidding, right? Bewitched? We'd never have guessed :laugh:

Just kidding, David. BW is one that I have to "monitor" myself otherwise I'd marathon through a whole season set. I just go slower through my sets than most at HTF. I am one of those "savor" and variety viewers.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I have never done so with DVD for some odd reason, but I have with several TV series when TVLand, TNT, Sci Fi runs them all in a row.

Twilight Zone during one of their New Years Eve marathons I did 14 hours one day and at least 12 the next though I will admit I did sleep for about 6 hours between sessions.

Law and Order (original ). I like SVU better, but no way I could do that many hours in a row with the subject matter. Same reasoning with CSI -- I probably could, but too much for continuous viewing.

MASH on more than one occasion actually.

ST:TOS -- one of those best episode countdowns. DS9 would lend itself to such a marathon, but I've never seen listed.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That wouldn't be something I would enjoy. When I buy a season set, I like to savor it. If I was really into it, like with DS9, I would sometimes watch two or three episodes in a single night, but that was about the most. Now that I'm rewatching DS9, I am still only watching one or two a night. I just think if I watched too much, it would all start to run together.

The closest I came to something like this is when TV Land used to have their "48 Hours Of" weekends. I was sick in bed and watched hours and hours of Gomer. I also watched a lot of Beaver, but I mainly taped that marathon and watched it in doses.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
If I haven't seen the show before or haven't seen it in a number of years, that's what I try to do too.

If I've already seen the episodes somewhat recently and I really love the show, I've gone through a set in two or three days though. I usually can get through all the episodes, commentaries and special features on The Simpsons sets in three days if I 'try'. Lost and 24 are two other examples of when I can watch the DVD set over a few days.

And a few weeks before the second season of 24 started, FX ran the first season of 24 from midnight to midnight and I caught most of that. I slept a few hours over night though.

GuruAskew

Senior HTF Member
The complete "Mr. Show with Bob and David" takes about 15 hours to get through. I've done it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
First question... why only 12 hours? some of my marathons last days... sometimes a full month :P But... the list for me is way to long to list them all... I LOVE having marathons... do it all the time. But some of my favorites to have marathons with would be...

- Angel
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Charmed
- The Dick Van Dyke Show
- Friends
- JAG
- NCIS
- Smallville
- The Twilight Zone
- The X-Files

and as I said... that is just a few. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks