What's new

Which Receiver? Older Marantz SR 7002 or Newer Yamaha RX-V2065 ??? (1 Viewer)

donaldla

Auditioning
Real Name
Don
Can someone recommend which receiver and why? I understand Marantz is quality. Want 2 HDMI outputs one for my Panasonic Plasma TV and the other for my HC1500 Mitsu projector. Also recommendations appreciated. Budget $700 keep in mind.

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
People around here really like Audyssey room correction. Yamaha has their own version, YAPO, but Audyssey seems to be just a bit better than the rest.

Marantz is known for their very musical sound, for those who feel there is a difference, and strong amp sections and over-all build quality. The biggest issue with the 7002 (and the 8002) is it won't apply Audyssey to any signal input via HDMI. Apparently it doesn't have enough processing power . This means you need a BluRay player that can decode the new HD audio formats and sends them out via LPCM. Then, even if connected via HDMI the 7002 will apply Audyssey (since the 7002 won't be decoding the signal there's enough processing power to apply Audyssey). All other components would need to be connected with an optical or coax digital cable to enable Audyssey. I don't have first hand experience with this issue but this is what I've read.

I've never owned a Yamaha receiver but the other Yamaha devices I've owned I was very happy with.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks