What's new

Which movies of mine are best to show off my Theater (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
:D I can't wait for the Superbit to come out. I heard the DTS track is even better... I picked that one up at BB for $10 on release day :emoji_thumbsup: My kind of movie too :) If you liked that one and haven't seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, you should probably pick that one up too (Superbit is great, but does not have the English track FYI; subtitles don't bother me).

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
I got Sound and Visions Home Theater Tune up and that has a few great demos. It costs about $20 and is worth it for a quicke tune-up. It has 5 DD demos, a DTS demo and the THX trailier demo. I use it more for demos than for tune-ups.

The same thing my brother and I do. PLAY THEM. There is some great stuff out there and I still miss the great packaging. Stay strong.

EricCrane

Agent
I didn't look at your list but Ronin has imo the best audio for a car chase that I've ever experienced. It sounds so realistic. Some of the crashes are amazing. Not only is the audio great, it's a really great movie. A good pick up in the $7 bin at wal mart.

T3 is amazing as well. Not the greatest movie but sounds awesome.

al lout

Stunt Coordinator
If you just want to show off your speakers, make your own demo dvd. I got 2 demo dvds that I've made. One is Dolby Digital and the other is DTS. So when you have guests come over, just pop it in and watch their reaction. Here are a few of my favorite scenes for demo.

1. The attack (Masters and Commanders)
2. Prodigal Son (Blade 2)
3. Ice Ring (Titan AE)
4. Depth-Charged (U-571)
5. Creeking Pipe (aka "coming mother...") (The Haunting)
6. The beginning race (forgot chapter name) of Fast & Furious

All of these are DTS. I have them all in my DTS demo dvd :D It has never failed me when I pop in my DTS demo dvd. So if you have a burner, make yourself a demo disk. You will end up saving time from flip dvds after dvds...

Al,
One rule that you've got to follow when demoing your system is... If your wall pictures ain't falling, then you're not play it loud enuf:D

Gralen

Stunt Coordinator
The best one I heard for my system is Behind Enemy Lines The jet scene was awsome.rent it if you can. Also Spider man

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
The shoot out in Heat
The opening sequence to Toy Story II
Gladiator
Final Fantasy
Ice Age

And the soon to be released (I am not sure of release date yet) 4k version of Wizard of Oz

TimMc

Stunt Coordinator
OK, MattB - please bear w/ me for a minute here, 'cause I get confused so easily. I read your post as asking for suggestions from your DVD collection - so I actually clicked on the link. That's a decent-sized collection, but then I started looking at titles for my "obvious" suggestions and couldn't find 'em. So let me get this straight - on your shelves you don't currently have Gladiator, any Star Wars, U-571, Saving Private Ryan, the Incredibles, Apollo 13, etc. You do have Bad Taste LE, a pair of Spike & Mike's Sick and Twisted Festivals of Animation, The Ugly, and Pee Wee's Big Adventure? :D I'd suggest you just stick to demoing w/ Monsters, Nemo, I Robot, Shrek, and Toy Story. I won't tell anyone else about your collection if you don't tell on me... (Sorry, just couldn't resist. There's lots of great stuff in there, but you gotta get Gladiator, etc. if you like DTS).

Dan Halchak

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with Tim, I looked through the collection and found some major holes in it as far as stuff to demo/reference by. Not saying my collection is complete. Definitely pick up any or all of the ones listed in here and get to pure visual and audio nirvana!!!! :)

Christian M

Agent
Sorry, I didn't look at your collection but I have recommendations none the less :)

I dont think I saw:
Blackhawk Down (superbit) - DTS - very good especially the helicopter ride(s)
Underworld (superbit) - DTS - has great surround effects
Day After Tomorrow - DTS track yet again. Great sound and special "defects" :)

ICE AGE!!! Man, that movie is great!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks