What's new

Where to check out projectors in Houston, TX? (1 Viewer)

Hi folks,

I have been looking at projectors online and and reading reviews...but now I am to the point where I want to go take a few for a test drive.

Can any of you Houston folks recommend good places to go see projectors in action?

Thanks,
Mike

Demetrius

Agent
There are several places to look. I purchased a Runco at Intercotinental Theater and Sound in The Woodlands. The have a nice Runco 1000 in their Demo room. Actually Gallery Furniture has several demo rooms and you can spend time in them without a lot of pressure. If you go to Audio Concepts they have a nice demo rooms but I felt a little too much sales pressure. The Home Theater Store is an option to view, but they didn't help me that much. These are my thoughts anyway.

Arnie G

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Arnie Douglas
I want to take the plunge too. Does Tweeters have any projectors on display?

Demetrius

Agent
Tweeter generally has one projector set up in the store. The two stores that I remember had a Yamaha 1000 and at list price was pretty expensive compared to the readily available alternative projectors in the same class. I ended up with a Runco CL-710 for my project but I had a fairly liberal budget.

I have been to the Home Theater Store...but it's been several years ago...and I didn't really know what I was looking at.

Back then...they seemed to be pretty snooty. Not sure if that has changed.

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks