What's new

Where is the crimson skies (Xbox) review? (1 Viewer)

John Doran

Screenwriter
I know this probably sounds stupid, but on the first mission, can I just fly around forever or is there a point where I complete all the $$ missions and can find the pilot of my zeppelin? Im looking for my pilot (forgot his name) and I have no idea where he might be.
you can fly around forever, as far as i know - i.e. there's no time limit for completing the various missions - but one of the missions actually involves your pilot (big john). so, no, you can't complete all the missions without finding him.

remember to shoot down other zeppelins - you're a sky pirate and they'll surrender their cash to you if you shoot them enough times. i say this only because i would never have figured it out myself if someone hadn't told me (i'm not the kind of guy that shoots at stuff in games unless i'm told to or i do it by accident...).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just finished the single player section. I didn't find the last level that difficult. Used the Pandora to kill most of that spider thing and the Von Essen blimp bugger wasn't bad once you knew which end of the zeppelin the openings were!

The secret to the last section is to fly into those turbines cause you have room to circle around between the blades and take out those energy things. (How convenient that they are unshielded! :)) My first attempt was to snipe them but you have problems with the fog and no room to manuever.

I restarted mission 1 with the mini gyro.. Started to pester the blimps, but money is never a problem with the game, I finished with $20k plus pieces and the only thing money is used for is repair (when not done via the Pandora) and for upgrades... Maybe there should be more things you can do to upgarde the planes like perhaps multiple kinds of secondary weapons.. buying more storage space, etc..

Jay

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
john doran,

About your spoiler:
The first time you do it they expect you to shoot all three of the keys. You do that and it cuts to showing the teeth opening up. Then you fly over and a big ball of flame shoots out and hopefully you bailed out instead of flying straight into it. The doc then says that he discovered that you only need to shoot two. The first time I did it I shot the wrong two and it only opened a few teeth. Then the doc basically tells you which two to shoot. So you did one lucky little bit of shooting your first try. :D

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I think I did the same thing that John Doran did cause I only remember shooting two keys and then the "entrence" opened....

I think I missed a plane somewhere, when I finished I had 2 plane slots open and not 1. But I know towards the late middle-game I was doing so well I didn't need to switch planes and felt fine with the devastator.

Jay

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
This is a great game!! I just finished the mission where you have to enter a cave to take out the bad guys reinforcements. My plane was literally full of flames and I had zero fuel as I landed on my aircraft carrier and manned the AA guns to take out the remaining enemy planes. It's rare to experience that kind of drama in a game. I also love the fact that you can man the AA guns if you want or just hop right back into your plane if that suits you.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Yeah, I kind of feel like it's too easy with the AA's I'm pretty good with them. I even don't use the zoom mode as it goes to slow...

Kind of wish it was longer and I think they could of made the single player better by incorporating some of the multiplayer games like Wild Chicken, etc as single player games and perhaps an "instant action" selection.

Still, I've got to go over to a friend's house and try it with a system link... I remember playing HALO with him and kicking his butt (of course that's because he was a newbie...bwaahahahaha)

Jay

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Is there a list of all the different types of planes in the game? I've finished the game once and I had 2 empty slots, just wondering which plane I am missing... Out of memory I have the following:

Devastator
Dauphin
Mini-Gyro
Coyote
Doppleganger
Brigand
Piranha
Dust Devil
Bulldog

I hope I've got them all there, anybody know the other two I'm missing? I presume the Navajo one is one of them....

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Ohhh, I just got the Navajo plane, you get that one after you complete the 3 Navajo tests (Courage, Skill, Marksmanship). If, instead of picking up your plane that you arrived in, you take the Navajo plane that's on the runway in between the three Statues you have to defend and end that mission with that plane, you seem to get that plane in the Pandora. So looks like I'm missing another plane from somewhere else..

It's a neat plane but seems to have a weak secondary weapon. It has some kind of cluster bomb that shoots a bunch of tiny missles that swirl and all explode when within a certain proximity.

Jay

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Can anyone tell me how to get the second sun key? Is it underground or something? If it is, how the heck do I access that area?

John Doran

Screenwriter
rob,

it's underground in a cave...

if i remember correctly, the entrance to the cave is down to the right of the huge head-statue carved into the side of the mountain.

you can tell if you have to go underground to get something 'cos you'll be right on top of the yellow marker on your map and you won't be able to see the target beneath you; the entrance to whatever cave the thing is in shouldn't be too far away....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks