What's new

Where Is New Line Cinema? - Merged, also see post #72 (1 Viewer)

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
Out of that list, I would purchase The Lord of the...

Oh, never mind.

Come on, New Line. LOTR in '08. It's the reason I have a home theater.

--Jefferson Morris

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Here is Roger Ebert's actual statement at the end of his Great Movie review of Dark City back in November 2005:

"Ebert did commentary tracks for the original DVD of "Dark City" and the forthcoming 2006 Director's Cut."

Obviously, it's now the 2008 Director's Cut. ;)

DavidS

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
D.
The annoying part in all of this is that the 10th anniversary of Dark City came and went, and New Line did nothing.

I was thinking of another New Line title I'd love DTS-HD/MA on: Hedwig.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
Awesome! Now lets pray they include it. :)

LCD22

Screenwriter

This was my very first DVD, and I would certainly love it if New Line brought this to BD as well. Is there anything yet on this title?

Elijah Sullivan

Supporting Actor
All I need is Lord of the Rings and The New World, and I'll maybe pick up A History of Violence.

Do we have any confirmation on these?

There are existing extended versions of all those films, too, if New Line really wanted to make a splash on Blu-Ray...

EDIT: Ooooh, and Dark City!

Jefferson Morris

Supporting Actor
It's been long-rumored that high-def encodes of LOTR have been completed for some time, in anticipation of a disc release. I've still got my fingers crossed that they'll be out by the fall/holidays, but there's certainly nothing in the least official on that yet.

Nearly a year ago I bought my first front projector and screen in anticipation of LOTR in high-def. I'm hoping the imminent end of the format war will hasten the release. What I'd like to see is at least some kind of release this year (with the EEs and theatrical cuts available via branching). Then they can do some sort of 10th anniversary edition of LOTR in 2011 (when I imagine The Hobbit may be coming out on video, assuming a 2010 theatrical release there). I'll buy them all because I'm a sucker and need help.

--Jefferson Morris

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Some form of encodes have been done, because the Trilogy has been shown on HD cable and OTA. Don't know if they're high enough quality to be put on BD...

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I can not wait for LOTR to hit HDM, I am counting the days until I can own this title on HDM. This is a title that I would buy before anything else I could think of. So what ever comes out the same week that LOTR's is released in HD will have to wait. :laugh:

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I guess my question in relation to the title of this thread is: Where will New Line Cinema be if Time Warner absorbs it into Warner or leaves it as merely a production company? Will the New Line HE division continue?

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
I don't really know if they had a separate home entertainment division. If so, they will merely continue under the WHV label. If not, well, they're already under the WHV label. It's doubtful that it would have any effect on their operations with Mi Casa.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks