Where is Lawrence of Arabia? Anyone Know?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Cinescott, Apr 12, 2011.

1. Cinescott

Cinescott Supporting Actor

Scott
    This title's been on my wish list since the advent of Blu-Ray. I remember seeing it on the preview promos for other Columbia titles as far back as 2007, but still no Lawrence? What gives? One of the best movies of all time and my personal favorite.

LOA went through a massive restoration in the late 80s, so why no hi def version?

2. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    As far as I've been able to determine, It's being prepped for a 2012 release, probably around the holidays.

3. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Screenwriter

Greg
    2012 is the 50th Anniversary of "Lawrence of Arabia"

Sony is probably going to issue a deluxe box set to capitalize on this. "Lawrence" is one of their highest rated films and among their top ten classics (if not number one)

I wouldn't expect it any time before 2012 (unless Sony decides to release it in December to get a jump start on the whole 50th Anniversary year - which they might do - unlike the Ben Hur box set celebrating it's 50th)

Of course, they could end up (like WB and Ben Hur) and release it two years late

4. ahollis

ahollis Lead Actor

Allen
    So Blu-ray.com announced that the UK Blu-ray release of LAWRENCE OF ARABIA will be release over there in June 4, 2012.

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=7922

Looks like it will be a good 2012 for classic titles.

5. kenNew

kenNew Stunt Coordinator

At my age I shouldn't be wishing my life away but I hope the next six months passes quickly. Can't wait for this one.