What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Where does everybody get their cds? (1 Viewer)

EricDeB

Stunt Coordinator
Does everybody here buy their cds new from amazon and best buy, or do you guys shop around on ebay or another place that lets you get cheaper cds?

I'm wondering if there are some better alternatives to the typical music seller (amazon).

Eric

728x90

Kevin C Brown

Senior HTF Member
All of the above. :)

ebay, amazon (and their marketplace), local places like BB, CC, and Frys. We also have a couple of good used places like Streetlight and Rasputin. For hard to find discs, sometimes www.gemm.com works too.

Jeff_A

Screenwriter
Ebay, half.com yourmusic.com and deepdiscount. Best Buy can't touch Target anymore let alone these places. :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Mostly Yourmusic.com to find older CDs I lost in college, loaned out and never got back or to just build my collection. Best Buy strictly for new stuff cuz the price is usually $10. CD Universe, Music Direct or Elusive Disc for hard to find stuff on SACD or imports.

Greg.G

Stunt Coordinator
lala.com: mostly trading but many good deals on new CDs from Newbury Comics
bmg music club: this is the cheapest route for new CDs
cduniverse.com: best selection
amazon.com(used only): for hard to find and OOP stuff
deepdiscount.com: can be cheaper than cduniverse but selection not as good
local shops for most used

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Djangos.com is a decent site -- it's like Bookfinder in that it combines the inventories of a lot of different local used CD shops.

If there's a CD Warehouse in your area, they're pretty good too.

Danny Tse

Senior HTF Member
For current/recent releases....Target and Best Buy, but I usually wait until these titles make it to BMG Music Service or yourmusic.com (I have membership in both).

For hard-to-find or rare titles, I usually scan through the various worldwide versions of ebay and Yahoo Auction. However, I also have ordered CD/SACD from e-tailers from other countries, such as Hong Kong's hifi-cd.com, HMV Japan, Amazon UK, and others in Europe.

I also look thru local used music stores such as Streetlight (where I used to buy used LPs for my radio show when I was in college) and Rasputin (where I recently found a mint CD of Flim & the BB's classic "Tricycle" for $1.95).

Matt Fisher

Second Unit
Depends what it is, I manage to find a decent percentage of my SACDs at Borders stores. I don't buy very many new CD releases, and depending on what kind of music it is, I'll find it at Best Buy or at local indie shops.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alianalbuck
Recent bookmarks