What's new

Where can i get a grill for my mtx 8000 12 inch sub? (1 Viewer)

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
The headline say's it all. I know crutchfield sell's a universal grill cover but what if it doesn't fit. I know circuit city sells the mtx subs. Maybe i can buy a grill from them.

KurtW

Stunt Coordinator
Why wouldn't a universal one fit? A 12" sub is a 12" sub, as far as a grill is concerned. I've never seen a sub with *that* much excursion that it would hit a grill.

I always buy the mesh-style grills. Used to be able to get them at Best Buy, but now all the have is the waffle-style. Now I buy them off Ebay.

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
I mean in width. Looking at the spec's for the sub in my bedroom it's something like 11 and 3 quarter's and i think the mtx was 12 and a half. So not all 12" sub's are created equal.

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
Trust me, the grille will fit.
crutchfield, partsexpress.com thezeb.com etronics.com
any of them have plenty of grilles.
The waffle style grilles (the ones I prefer.. easy to paint them, and very rugged) sit against the basket seal on the outside edge of the sub, and fasten to the box using clamps that bolt directly to the enclosure, not to the sub, so you can adjust the clamps to fit each speaker/box.
If the subs required special grilles, MTX would offer them, just as Kicker does for the L5 and L7 subs they sell.
The 8000s are pretty standard, run of the mill 12" subs. You shouldn't have any problems with them in a good box.

Kurt, if ya want to see a sub with enough excursion to hit a grille, look at a JL 13.5W7 some time. I think those things could reach out and slap someone sometimes.
*laugh*

rick stein

Stunt Coordinator
How about best buy or circuit city. Paying $7 for shipping for one grill is too much. Plus if i need to return it $7 more to ship it back. No the sub doesn't need a grill i just want it to protect the speaker.

Sean^M

Stunt Coordinator
I'm sure they sell grilles, too.
I live in a rural area.. it'd take me a 2 hour drive to get to best buy or CC, so I just pay the shipping and make sure I order the right stuff, or get free shipping deals.. haha
$7 in s&h or $20 in gas..

Angelo_Petralba

Second Unit
Real Name
Angelo
Circuit City has some grills..they sell the Audiobahn grills for like $70.00 (And very ugly at that)!!

I picked up a Metra Fishman grill which is chrome and looks a lot better than the Audioblah and it was only $25.00

Angelo

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks