What's new

When are We going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-ray Release?! (1 Viewer)

mattfire64

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Matthew
When the press started buzzing about the Disney buyout I went ahead and bought the remaining seasons of "Voyage" that I needed just in case. I also intend on buying the remaining seasons that I need of both "The Big Valley" and "Daniel Boone" as well...

Jimmyr1960

Agent
Real Name
Jim
Not to worry. The Disney buyout is for the motion picture side only. They aren’t interested in the television, news or sports side of Fox. Those will still exist independently of the deal.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
I believe that the deal DOES include all of the past television properties. It's the live networks of FOX that are being spun off elsewhere.

So VOYAGE TO THE BOTTOM OF THE SEA & alk of the Irwin Allen properties will fall under the Disney umbrella, if the deal goes through.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
I just sent this message to Fox-Connect:

"Yesterday I sent a request for a phone number of someone I could talk to at Fox regarding the interest of many to acquire Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in Blu-Ray. Now I just registered with the Fox-Connect site which is the origination site of this message. Many people out here have always like this classic show and have witnessed many other shows advance to Blu-Ray but not Voyage. We would like it in Blu-Ray or if you prefer we'll accept 4K. Thanks, Karl"

The Fox-Connect Site:

https://www.foxconnect.com/

The Contact link within this site which can be found by scrolling down all the way to the bottom and looking under Customer Service or using this link:
https://www.foxconnect.com/contacts/index/

I did not select anything under the ISSUE pull down menu as it doesn't apply for my question and only applies to purchases etc.

Should you feel motivated to put forth a similar message that is up to you.

Karl

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Well, if anything, the chances of a (likely inferior) big or small-screen remake of this show being produced may be doubled with the Mouse's acquisition of Fox Studios... As for a Blu-ray or even remastered DVDs of the series, probably LESS chance than ever, judging by Disney's treatment of their live-action back catalog as of late. Unless Disney comes to their senses and resurrects their MOD program - ideally incl. Bluray - til then, all we can do is politely hound them... :>]

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
^The Disney purchase of Fox does not include the TV divisions. That means no Disneyfied small-screen version. Big screen would depend on licensing as Fox, and the Irwin Allen estate(?), would still hold that.

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
^Bob, I'm pretty sure it includes all filmed TV properties. What it does NOT include are the live TV networks like FOX, FOX NEWS, FX, FS1, etc.

So all of those Irwin Allen shows and things like PEYTON PLACE and 12 O'CLOCK HIGH, would fall under Disney's acquisitions.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
I just sent this message to Fox-Connect:

"Yesterday I sent a request for a phone number of someone I could talk to at Fox regarding the interest of many to acquire Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea in Blu-Ray. Now I just registered with the Fox-Connect site which is the origination site of this message. Many people out here have always like this classic show and have witnessed many other shows advance to Blu-Ray but not Voyage. We would like it in Blu-Ray or if you prefer we'll accept 4K. Thanks, Karl"

Their no interest reply:

"Dear Karl,

Thank you for your email and interest in Fox products. At this time, we do not have any information on the release of this title Television series on Blu-ray/DVD. We appreciate your comments.
Should you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you,
Fox Customer Care"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The reason these kind of replies gall me is because whoever is working there is probably young enough to have never even heard of this show and could care less. That being said I see here nothing more than a stock answer posing as a reply. Somewhere there has to be a group of individuals that decide what shows warrant being made available on DVD and possibly upgraded to Blu-Ray. I am quite sure that if a call was made to either 20th Century Fox or Fox Home Video neither would say who makes these decisions. It is also quite possible that either one of these groups would point to the other and deny any involvement in these decisions despite the fact that these decisions are being made.

WHAT SAY YOU !!!

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
You’re better off asking Kevin Burns, as he holds the rights to the series at this point and would know the skinny

I did a search for Kevin Burns as I have never heard of him. Here is a small reference from a larger page at this link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Burns

Courtesy: Wikipedia

"While at Fox, Burns co-founded Foxstar Productions, the production unit responsible for creating a series of Alien Nation movies for television. In 1994, while serving as senior vice-president of Foxstar, he founded Van Ness Films, a non-fiction and documentary production unit. That same year, he met Jon Jashni, a Fox film executive who shared Burns' interest in the works of legendary Hollywood producer Irwin Allen.

In 1999, Burns officially made a transition from his role as a studio executive to that of a full-time producer. While still under a production deal at Fox Television Studios, Burns and Jon Jashni formed Synthesis Entertainment and began developing and producing remakes and sequels of the Allen properties, most notably a Fox Television pilot for an updated version of The Time Tunnel (2002) and the feature film versions of Poseidon (2006) and Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea."

I saw no contact information. Maybe someone else can track him down.

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
Try sending a message through his company website. Couldn't hoit...

http://www.prometheusentertainment.com/contact.html

As you suggested I went to the Prometheus website and discovered this which I want to share:

"Also in 1999, Burns, in partnership with feature film executive Jon Jashni, founded Synthesis Entertainment where the two began developing and producing remakes and sequels of the popular Irwin Allen movies and television series (“Lost in Space,” “The Time Tunnel,” “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea,” etc.), including the feature film version of “Poseidon” in 2006. In 2016, Synthesis joined Legendary Entertainment in launching the new “Lost in Space” series that will premiere on Netflix in 2018."

Therefore, I also moved on to Synthesis Entertainment:

http://www.synthesisentertainment.com

I went to the contact page at this site and sent them this message:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gentlemen,

I am writing to find out whether Synthesis Entertainment with or without connection to Kevin Burns has or will consider pushing for Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea the television series to become available on Blu-Ray. We know that it is currently available on regular DVD. We also know that the original Voyage movie is available on Blu-Ray but not the television series.

I have previously contacted Fox Home Video regarding this matter but they provided no useful information. I am not sure given the probable age of the staff there that they are even that familiar with this specific program material and therefore provide the same amount of interest to those who might inquire.

I happen to know there is significant interest in Voyage the television series in Blu-Ray and since Kevin Burns and Synthesis are connection to the product I chose to contact you at this time.

Karl
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the spirit of being through I will send this same message to Prometheus Entertainment in the hope that all bases are covered and with the notation that Synthesis Entertainment received the same message. Should I receive a reply from either company or both I will post it here.

Karl

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
Should I receive a reply from either company or both I will post it here. Karl

I've heard nothing so tomorrow I am going to just pick up the phone and call. In the meantime I stumbled on something I've never seen before. Most of us either have seen or possess the movie "City Beneath The Sea". Today I came across on YouTube an 11 minute cut of "CITY BENEATH THE SEA (1967) NBC UNSOLD PILOT". I watched a couple minutes of it and expected to just see portions of what we have already viewed. This has different sets and a different cast. One shot early in this clip in particular showed a much larger interior of what you and I would call the Flying Sub. I know in this movie they called it something else which escapes me now as I type. I hope you will check this out if you haven't viewed it already.

CITY BENEATH THE SEA (1967) NBC UNSOLD PILOT

Harry-N

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Harry N.
Yep. Irwin Allen originally prepared that CITY pilot for NBC using all of the "spare parts" he had around the studio. You shoukd be able to recognize parts of VOYAGE, TIME TUNNEL, and LOST IN SPACE throughout the short presentation.

I believe the full movie version, with the different cast, ultimately aired on ABC.

That short pilot was available on THE FANTASY WORLDS OF IRWIN ALLEN DVD.

Last edited:

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
I've heard nothing so tomorrow I am going to just pick up the phone and call.

Just to keep you updated I did in fact make the call to Prometheus yesterday. I asked the woman who answered if there was someone I could talk to since I hadn't received any reply from my EMail. I asked if I could speak to Kevin Burns since she said there was no one available that I could speak to at the time of my call which was 12:21 in the eastern time zone. She said Kevin wasn't in so she asked me if it was alright if someone called me later in the day. I said fine but no one called. Today, I called out there around 5:30 eastern thinking that might be better but I got a recording. I will try again tomorrow or I may mail what I typed in the EMail and send it Fedex to Kevin Burns direct.

On a side note, I discovered by looking at the two websites (both Prometheus & Synthesis) that they are both located in the same building at the same address in the same Suite.

I am leaning towards just sending the letter Fedex rather than senseless calls at the moment.

Karl

ScottRE

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Honestly, I wouldn’t bug him. When Voyage was hitting VHS, certain pushy fans hit him the wrong way and he retreated from fandom for awhile.

There’s a LIS Facebook group he pays attention to. Maybe try that...

Look up Lost in Space Remastered Blu Ray edition

KarlB737

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Karl
Earlier you said:
You’re better off asking Kevin Burns, as he holds the rights..........

Now you state:
Honestly, I wouldn’t bug him.

I get your point about putting forth excessive pressure. I also have thought about how we are and have been waiting and waiting and waiting for something to happen. At the same time after I rephrased the earlier EMail I thought about the title of our discussion:

When are we going to see a Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea Blu-Ray release?

With both of those concerns in mind here exactly is what I sent this morning via Fedex:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

June 28, 2018

Kevin Burns
Prometheus Entertainment
6255 Sunset Blvd.
Suite #1800
Los Angeles, CA 90028

Dear Sir,

I am writing to find out whether Synthesis Entertainment has or will consider pushing for Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea the television series to become available on Blu-Ray. We know that it is currently available on regular DVD. We also know that the original Voyage movie is available on Blu-Ray but not the television series.

I have previously contacted Fox Home Video regarding this matter but they provided no useful information. I am not sure given the probable age of the staff there that they are even that familiar with this specific program material and therefore provide the same amount of interest to those who might inquire.

I happen to know there is significant interest in Voyage the television series in Blu-Ray therefore I chose to contact you at this time regarding this matter.

Sincerely,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't believe this letter contains excessive pressure with the only one question that is asked in the first paragraph and with that balance I think it is a fair communication regarding the subject at hand. They will receive the Fedex delivery Friday morning by 10:30 am their time.

I could have kept making phone calls or even sent a fax however I felt this way it has the best chance to make it where it should ultimately go.

I may never receive any kind of reply but at least I feel I made my best effort.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I am not sure given the probable age of the staff there that they are even that familiar with this specific program material and therefore provide the same amount of interest to those who might inquire.

Karl: Why did you include this in your letter? What do you know about the age of the staff at Fox Home Video?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks