What's new

What's on YOUR Christmas List? (1 Viewer)

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since we've started talking about Christmas Episodes since last month I've decided to start this thread.

I plan to get the entire set of Danial Boone (Since it looks like the rumor about Death Valley Days seems to have turned out to be bull-oh-nee). :angry:

I also plan to get the entire collection of America's Dumbest Criminals (One of the few "Reality" Shows I like) and a handful of animated series.

The big gift for me this year will be a region-free Blu-Ray Player, shortly after I purchase this I will relieve "The Rhine River" (That's Germany's version of "The Big River" for those of you in Rio Linda!) of the series Spencer's Pilots. :biggrin:

Naturally, I'll wait until "The National Day of Insanity" before I start ordering, don't want to plop down a C-Note for something, then discover I could have gotten it for pennies on the dollar! :blush:

I've got the ball rolling, Post Away my Friends! :thumbs-up-smiley:

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Everyone here has to know what it is of course for my choice.

The return of Peyton Place a complete series release from Fox Mod program..

Early 2015 because I always listen to Neil Family 1976 a complete series release from Shout Factory.

Then I shall be a happy man!!!

Batman was of course on pre order from Amazon the minute it was up.

Last month after great service and years of Amazon telling me I became a prime member.

Just had to say I am very happy I did it.

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
As far as stuff I'd get for myself, I struck early and pre-ordered the complete series of both WKRP in Cincinnati and Batman (dvd edition).

For things I hope I'll find under the tree this year, it would be any of these:

The Jack Benny Program: The Lost Episodes
Zane Grey Theatre: Season 2
Zane Grey Theatre: Season 3
Mystery Science Theater 3000: Collection XXXI

--unless, of course, I spot an exceptionally good deal on any of them on Black Friday or thereabouts. :D

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
Season 8 of Diagnosis Murder to complete my set, season 8 of Monks for the same reason, Dennis the Menace season 4, Hazel season 4 and 5, Wings the Complete series

Professor Echo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glen
The Complete Colour Series Of THE SAINT from the UK is what I'm hoping I'll find under the tree. I picked up the "Monochrome" series awhile back and missed out on the Colour one during a sale a year ago and it hasn't come down since, so I'm kind of hoping Santa will incur the extra cost. ;)

As for playing Kringle to myself, I will be happy if the BILKO deal comes through.

BobO'Link

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Howie
I don't know how many of these will actually make it to "The Tree" as I don't know if I'll be able to wait... but:

Complete series releases of these:

WKRP
Batman
Sgt. Bilko
Mister Ed

My wife stopped trying to buy for me years ago (because of my typical bargain hunting nature) and now just asks: "What did you get yourself from me for Christmas?"

AndrewCrossett

Second Unit
WKRP was at the top of my wish list but I couldn't wait until Christmas, so I got it for myself.

I want Man From U.N.C.L.E., The Avengers, and maybe that big deluxe Twilight Zone set with the complete 60's and 80's series. (Somehow I never got any of the previous complete-series releases.)

Oh, and the final season of The Big Valley. I want that too.

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
For me, here is a partial wish list with less than two months to go until XMAS:

The Sopranos BD The Complete Series
Batman BD Limited Edition The Complete Series
Seattle Seahawks BD Road To XXXXVIII Post-Season Collector's Edition (Original Network Television Broadcasts)
The Wire The Complete Series
Welcome Back, Kotter The Complete Series (RIP, Ms. Marcia Strassman)
Sgt. Bilko/The Phil Silvers Show The Complete Series
The Jeffersons The Complete Series Deee-luxe Edition
Bewitched The Complete Series (abetted by S1-2 in B/W)

And that's just to name a few!!! :)

The Obsolete Man

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Yeah, Christmas started in October...

Wonder Years
UHF & Compleat Al
WKRP
Sgt. Bilko
Batman on Blu
The Jeffersons
The Facts of Life
Mr. Ed
MST3K XXXI
Star Trek: TNG S7
King of the Hill S7 & 8
Mork and Mindy

...of course, that's more like the list of what I'll be picking up the rest of the year, but the Holiday season is begun earlier and earlier each year it seems, so it all counts.

3D Projectionist

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Lenny
Did send my list to Santa rather early but hoping he will still have the last few Arnold films missing from my collection as follows..
Running Man
Hercules In New York
Junior
Also Predator CD soundtrack.

Fingers crossed!

JamesSmith

Senior HTF Member
Battlestar Galactica original series Blu Ray set
the complete Harihi Suzimiya Blu Ray (already out of print and triple it's original price)
Justice League Action season 1.1
Stingray (Gerry Anderson) complete series.

And if I can add a few movies?
Star Trek II Director's Edition Blu Ray
Transformers' 30th edition Blu Ray (again the animated movie)
Sword Art Online
One Week Friends

James

Ron1973

Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron Reagan (not that one!)
Realistically, I'd love to put The Rockford Files or Green Acres under the tree, but I'm not sure it'll happen. Of course, if CBS or Shout! would finish off Uncle Jed, I'd sell my firstborn to get it! :laugh:

Regulus

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
William Hughes
Since we've started talking about Christmas Episodes since last month I've decided to start this thread.

I plan to get the entire set of Danial Boone (Since it looks like the rumor about Death Valley Days seems to have turned out to be bull-oh-nee). :angry:

I also plan to get the entire collection of America's Dumbest Criminals (One of the few "Reality" Shows I like) and a handful of animated series.

The big gift for me this year will be a region-free Blu-Ray Player, shortly after I purchase this I will relieve "The Rhine River" (That's Germany's version of "The Big River" for those of you in Rio Linda!) of the series Spencer's Pilots. :D

Naturally, I'll wait until "The National Day of Insanity" before I start ordering, don't want to plop down a C-Note for something, then discover I could have gotten it for pennies on the dollar! :blush:

I've got the ball rolling, Post Away my Friends! :thumbs-up-smiley:

What can I say? In the three years since I started this thread I've acquired DVD sets of Danial Boone, Americas Dumbest Criminals and Spencer,s Pilots. I'm waiting for some more sets of Death Valley Days before I get them.

Fast-Forward to 2017 and I have my sights on the following:

Rowan And Martin's Laugh-In

Perry Mason

And a few series I'll find in a store's bargain bin using the "Santa Money" I get from friends and relatives. :cheers:

I'll chew on these until April when, if the Lord allows I'll get some more titles, hopefully there will be a "grail" show or two. ;)

Last edited:

Darby67

Screenwriter
Real Name
Sean
Sherlock: The Complete Series
Star Wars Rebels; Season Four
Daniel Boone: Season 6
Police Woman Season 2 and 3
The Rat Patrol: The Complete Series
The Immortal: The Complete Collection
Longstreet: The Complete Collection
Petrocelli: The Complete Collection
Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
My Christmas "wish list" of TV-on-disc this year includes:

Gunsmoke: Season 12, Vols. 1 & 2
Perry Mason: Complete Series
(1957-66)
Game of Thrones: Season 7 (Blu-ray)
Ash vs Evil Dead: Season 2 (Blu-ray)

I have several movies and non-video things on my list, so who knows what I'll receive on the 25th... but even if I'm given *no* TV-on-disc this year, I'm already set with things I've bought for myself in November (thanks to brief online sales... which aren't followed by the family members with whom I exchange gifts), including: The Immortal, Longstreet, The Rebel, The Loner, Kids in the Hall: Season 2, Mystery Science Theater 3000: Collection XXXIX, and Blu-ray sets of True Detective: Season 1 and Better Call Saul: Season 3 (pre-order, out in mid-January).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks