What's new

What sort of things do you collect? (1 Viewer)

HenryDuBrow

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry.
I just might do that yes, put some of them on my computer. I don't run into famous people much, so usually I buy from sellers on e-Bay through places like that. Many of those I collect anyway are long deceased stars.

frik

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Siep
Besides Stephen King, I also collect...

mqL8EG.jpg

JUalie.jpg

PZiN3F.jpg

And this is not even the book yet - just the tray case.
From Taschen!

sk

Stan

Senior HTF Member
frik said:
It's a gorgeous edition, with amazing photos of my favorite (screen) lady.

sk
I've always found her to be very attractive. Very unique, never changed her nose, etc. She stayed the way she was born and I applaud that.

She looks great now, but my favorite period was the 70s, "What's Up Doc", and her other projects during that time. Naturally loved her mega performance with Yentl a bit later.

Her voice has aged a bit like we all do, but she's still pretty impressive.

Northgun

Second Unit
Real Name
Jacob
For the first time in about two years I purchased a coin myself to add to my collection. I bought an 1866 2 cent piece in about uncirculated condition. It has a beautiful luster to it and I just could not pass it up. I've always had a bit of a soft spot for odd type coins. I love pulling them out for others to see and hearing "I didn't even know those existed!". Brings a smile to my face everytime :)

Oliver Ravencrest

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ron
I used to collect comics, I have boxes full of issues from the '90s. I quit because of rising prices and needing to buy expensive issues to finish story lines. Now, it's just DVDs and Blu-rays. Sometimes I think I would have been better off had I not started when I'm spending hours dusting them all, while thinking about all of the extra cash I could still have.

larrdog

Stunt Coordinator
Collect movie related items found this at garage sale can't find any information about it wonder if it's authentic collectible. Anyone have any clues. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1433425436408.jpg
    1433425436408.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 25

Squire

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Dan
I've been getting rid of a lot of my old stuff lately. I'm tired of moving it. I sold off all my collectable LP's, sports items, books, model kits, movie items, toys, cigarette lighters and so on. I still have some LP's, 45's and 78's just for fun and not value. I have a small collection of antique radios and radio/phonographs but I tend to fix them up and give them to family and friends rather than accumulate too many. I still have a fair number of books both old and new, and more DVD's than BD's. I flirted with 16mm prints for a while, but it's an expensive and high maintenance hobby so I sold off most of what I had. A decent print of Vertigo was probably the best of the few I bought.

Clinton McClure

Rocket Science Department
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Clint
Northgun said:
Thats sounds pretty cool! How do you store them/display them? Do you have any friends or family that collect them too?
Wow, I had forgotten about this thread. The "spores, molds and fungus" line was from Ghostbusters when Janine ask Egon if he had any hobbies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks