What's new

What satellite speaker will work well in my system? (1 Viewer)

John Watkins

Auditioning
Real Name
John Watkins
Hi Guys. I'm new here and looking for a recommendation. I currently have a 5.1 system consisting of Monitor Audio towers for fronts, same series bookshelfs in the back, an Infinity IL36 center, and a large Jamo sub. I want to replace the L/R and rears with small satellites to make my wife happy and reuse the towers for a 2-channel system elsewhere. The potential problem is that they have to be mounted fairly high on the wall and just a few inches from the corner. So I need something that can be pivoted on it's mount. Looking for quality on par with what I have now. Budgeting $800, but would prefer cheaper. Thanks in advance for any help.

John Watkins

Auditioning
Real Name
John Watkins
Forgot to mention, I'm using a Yamaha RV-x757 receiver, but planning on moving to a new receiver, possibly the Denon AVR-X4300H as part of this change.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
If you want something smaller than bookshelf speakers, exactly how small are you talking about? Because if you get something with woofers smaller than ~ 5-1/4”, they won’t have enough extension to blend with the sub, which means you’ll have a big hole in response.

And – you do know that whatever you end up with in that price range isn’t going to sound nearly as good as your Monitors, right?

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annefnlys01
Recent bookmarks