What's new

What is up with DVDA and SACD CONTENT? (1 Viewer)

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
I beg to differ: hirez always improves the sound of instruments. And any consumer can hear the difference on a modest system on most recordings.
As I said, it's a marginal improvement.
In some cases, I couldn't hear the difference - ie. the extremely crappy sounding "Just Push Play" from Aerosmith.

And from my experience, most people I demo'd for couldn't tell the difference between the CD and SACD - and that's with some damn impressive SACDs.
These are the same people who couldn't tell the difference between a CD and a 128kbps MP3.

RobBenton

Stunt Coordinator
I also am of the younger crowd (24 here) and have a nice 5.1 system and dvd-a and SACD and would love more recent stuff like coldplay or john mayer or any modern rock. I think some of that while maybe not taking huge advantage of Hi res might at the very least be great in 5.1 sound. I agree that a lot of people my age won't care about higher quality sound but I do think they would spend money on some cool music in 5.1. While linkin park's DVD-A may not be the best sonically it is really cool to listen to and a great party disc for when friends are over.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Let me say this right now. If Linkin Park's album, Meteora comes out on DVD-A, I will probably wind up buying it. As I have said many times, I want more metal on DVD-A/SACD!! I am part of the younger crowd, and would love to take advantage of the technology, but there is not enough content that really interests me as an individual.

Kristoffer

Second Unit
But again where is Radiohead on SACD ? or DVD A ?
OK computer has been nominated as the best rock album of the nineties by many!
Or Coldplay or Depeche Mode or??
Where are they?
Radiohead SACDs would make me buy a player!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks