What's new

What is the best GameCube deals out there right now? I want ZELDA! (1 Viewer)

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Pretty much looking to get the System only....maybe an extra controller and Component Cables also.

Free games are always good - but not a requirement as this would be mainly used for the new Zelda game that is all the rave right now....

Thanks for any info!~

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Check the Coupons & Bargains area. In short, you can get a 'Cube at Circuit City for $129. Or you can take the Circuit City flyer to Target, have them pricematch, and also get a free game and memory card.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Yeah, the Circuit City deal for $129 with a free game is the best deal around right now. If you can price match it somewhere else and get a free memory card, too, then even better.

Get Metroid Prime for your free game, and buy a WaveBird wireless controller for your extra controller. That's the way to go. :)

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Folks, how do you get a free memory card or wavebird wireless by pricematching? I don't understand...

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
I noticed that I can get the following from www.ebgames.com

Platinum LE GameCube w/ free game (probably Metroid Prime)
for

$149.99 with no sales tax and $5-$10 shipping....

Is the only difference between the Platinum LE and Indigo/Black GC's the color?

I would think the Platinum GC's might hold a little bit better resale value (maybe?) versus the others...but that is really all I can see that's different for myself anyway. Is there anything else?

I plan on picking up the WaveBird wireless controller too - maybe :)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
Target's Free Game bundle includes a memory card with the deal. It's actually physically packaged with the free game, so it's not like they could seperate it.

As far as a wavebird goes, you'll have to buy it seperately. It's worth it though.

Matt Birchall

Supporting Actor
Just realize that Target has supposedly totally stopped doing any kind of price-matching--believe they stopped sometime last Fall, so getting a Target to price-match Circuit City might be futile. YMMV.

Nowhere did I mention that anyone could get a free WaveBird from price-matching:

buy a WaveBird wireless controller for your extra controller
Best deal I've seen for a WaveBird is at Best Buy, where they had a GameCube carrying case with a WaveBird packaged together for $29.99. The WaveBird's usually sell at most places for $30-35, which makes the carrying case free. However, these cases were promos from last Thanksgiving, and most stores are probably out of them by now (but I know there's at least several left at my local store, though).

Again, YMMV. Even at $30 itself, the WaveBird is easily worth the price. That's all I've used since they came out last summer.

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
thanks guys!

I'll make a final decision and buy one or order one here in the next couple days.... maybe tonight.

I'll pick up a couple waveBirds's also most likely - thanks for the feedback.

Peter_A

Second Unit
Those of you with the Wavebirds, do you miss not having the rumble feature? Are there any games you've tried it with where the lack of a rumble is a liabiltiy?

GlenHaag

Supporting Actor
I don't miss having the rumble at all. The benefit of having a great wireless controller more than makes up for it.

Glen

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
The only time I've plugged a regular controller back in for the Rumble feature was when I was fishing in Ocarina of Time. Just makes it a little easier there. Other than that, the wavebird is my primary controller. We've got three, for when friends come over (the fourth person gets stuck with a "regular" controller).

Michael D. Bunting

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Well - I pulled the trigger :)

Since I'm in the military (Air Force) - I actually purchased all this at my local BX (Base Exchange). They were selling all flavors (including the LE Platinum) of the GC at $149.99 (w/ free game).

I got them to price match the Circuit City sale price of $129.99 and they gave me Metroid Prime for free. Seems like I got a real good deal - especially since the Platinum edition GC wasn't one of the ones on sale at Circuit City (according to the ad anyway) this week. They didn't check that at all...and of course, I played dumb :)

So - here is what I got:

Platinum GameCube ($ 129.99)
Metroid Prime ( Free)

Memory Card 251 ($ 19.95)

Games on Clearance

NBA 2K3 ($ 9.97)
NCAA Football 2003 ($ 9.97)
Blood Rayne ($ 13.48)
SSX Tricky ($ 12.48)

Total: $ 195.84 for everything listed above - Platinum GC, Memory card 251, and the 5 games.

So I think I made out pretty good :)

Will probably pick up a couple WaveBird platinum controllers (thanks for the link DaveF!) and a few more games (including Zelda) here tonight.

Thanks everybody! 2 system owner now...Xbox and GC...and soon to be 3 (PS2) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
foster2292
Recent bookmarks