What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What happened to Mr. & Mrs. Smith? (1 Viewer)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Maybe it's gone to the "From Hell" status and who knows? ;)...I was actually looking forward to seeing this one reviewed...one of those fence riding titles for me. It was certainly a huge hit in 2005 and generally well recieved by critics but I love this one. It even gets better with repeat viewings.

I do hope for the BD folks, it will be released soon.

The sd dvd is no slouch though. :)

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins
An insider over at AVS says it's related to the fact that Fox is concerned that AACS has been cracked and that their titles are showing up for download on Usenet. This leads me to believe that BD+ may be showing up soon. I'm sure Cees will cringe when he hears that, but that looks to be the case.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
I sincerely do hope that any consumer in his/her right mind would cringe at that, but the good news is: I don't believe the reason given for the delay.

All those excuses, either by the studios, or else "someone close to them" should be taken with many grains of salt to begin with. They cannot be checked, and the only truth we can clearly see is: many (but not all!) of the announced titles will arrive on the market several weeks later or more, if at all.

Cees

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I'm with Cees, I don't believe that convenient excuse either because I think they have simply got behind the aggressive release schedule they announced two months back.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
All of these great titles that were announced at CES seem (at least from Fox)...appear to have been just "what's coming-eventually" ;)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
These titles weren't suppose to utilize any BD-J features were they?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samrinriya
Recent bookmarks