What's new

What DVD's do you use to audition speakers? (1 Viewer)

Jason Cheung

Agent
Hi all,

I'm only starting to "audition" speakers...I brought Gladiator (DTS) with me...

Just curious: what DVD('s) do you bring with you to audition speakers?

I'm interested to know how wide the range of DVD's are being used. Also, I'm interested if there is a general consensus of one or two discs that many use...

Thanks

Jason

Andrew Pezzo

Second Unit
The best bet is take material you are fimiliar with. And bring both music and movies.

For example, I must have seen Jurassic Park 6 times in the theaters so that always comes with me. For music I have listened to Pink Floyd almost exculsively for awhile so that also comes with me. I also try to bring a wide range of stuff to cover all the highs and lows.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I don't use movies to audition speakers. I use music. Far more subtle, and much better indicator of just how good a speaker is to me (I listen to more music as well).

DVD - Diana Krall:Live in Paris, Eagles:Hell Freezes Over are my reference titles.

Jesse Sharrow

Supporting Actor
Just because I have it with me alot. James Bond "Tommorrow Never Dies".

I use star wars episode II. Lord of the rings.

But mostly music.

Christopher Lyn

Stunt Coordinator
Hmm...I also just use music to audition speakers..if it can reproduce music well, it should have no problems reproducing soundtracks from DVDs.

I use "Burning for Buddy: Buddy Rich Tribute," "Hell Freezes Over," "2112" by Rush, Brandenburg Concertos. I also try to bring a mostly voice, acapella-type recording, to see if the speakers can reproduce female and male voices well as well as differenct octaves...so I bring my "Mamas and the Papas: Creeque Alley."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks