What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

What country? (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
well, the women argument could be thrown out, since that is all up to your judgment. i saw plenty of hot women there, enough for it to stick out in my mind when i saw them. the "pasty and chain smoking" generalizations were cute, but there are generalizations about nearly every major group or country. there are pasty chain smoking girls in every country that has been named so far, and we all know it. i dont know about you guys, but i saw plenty of hot women there :)

but the one argument i cannot understand is about the cars. a few of you think that only british cars are in the UK, it seems. while i can't think of a vehicle worth a damn that was built by a british company, there are so many exotic imports there. pick your country, they are everywhere in london. if you cant find a nice car in downtown london, you either arent looking, or you dont know one when you see one. my friend is going to regent's college in london now, and i get daily reports via AIM of what he sees there. he pretty much sees a lambo a day, ferraris all the time, and so many porsche 911 turbos that they become the norm. if any of you guys can tell me where you can walk into a dealership and see 2 ferrari enzos and 3 maybachs, i'd love to know about it. there may be some other major city with nicer cars, but if so, there certainly arent many.

CJ

Jeff Gatie

Senior HTF Member

My brother works at Johnson Paint on Newbury St. (Boston's hoity-toity district for those who don't know, we're talking $10,000/month rent) and he can look out his window and see this every hour. I visited him before a Sox game and saw 2 Ferraris double parked at Armani's (a late-model Barchetta and a brand new Maranello), an older Diablo at Starbucks and more 911's than litter on that street.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Rolls Royce, Bentley, Lotus, Jaguar, Morris, Rover...granted some aren't British anymore in some sense but still the British automotive industry is up there with the rest.

LanieParker

Supporting Actor
Honestly, I would pack up and move to the Amazon. I have always had this fascination with it. I would build myself a tree house and live quite comfortably there. It's forests are rich with food, medicine and pretty much all the comforts one could ask for.

StephenA

Screenwriter
Probably England. Most of my heritage is from there and I feel that I'd fit in well over there. I love the English landscape from pictures I've seen, as well as the history. The English people seem cool to hang out with too, though I don't think anyone would think the same with me. If not there, then either Scotland or Ireland.

Andrew Bunk

Screenwriter
Just got back from 2 weeks in NZ. Would have no problem moving there right now. Beautiful country. Makes it even hard to deal with the flat ugly burbs out here.

Ricardo C

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ricardo C

Its forests are also rich with killer snakes and other predators, guerrilla fighters, and garimpeiros, who would likely take over your self-made tree house and make you pay for "protection". As someone who lives close to the Amazon, trust me, it ain't all it's cracked up to be ;)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
Japan, New Zealand or Hong Kong(I know not a country but very different and easy for English speaking than China).

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i've been to newbury street, and that is where you can see the nicest cars around here in a big city. however, if you havent been to london, you cant compare it. there are plenty of nice cars around newbury street, but not even close to what you see in london. my friend lives in the most "posh" (as he now calls it :) ) area in london, and dozens of his classmates drive to school in ferraris and bentleyt GTs(going to regent's, i'm not surprised). he looks outside his window to the parking lot for his building, and can see at least 15 ferraris, a couple diablos and murcielagos, aston martins, a maybach 62, and on and on. and that is just for the residents of his building. in the dealership in his neighborhood, they have a yellow enzo, a red enzo, 2 maybach 62s, and a maybach 57. newbury street is a really nice area with expensive rents, but a couple $200k cars every hour is nothing compared to what you can see in any expensive area in london.

CJ

WayneLVS

Grip
My #1 choice would be japan........i lived there for 3 years and they were the best 3 years of my life.

#2 would be Denmark, because even guys like me who are missing teeth can still get laid.

Kim D

Stunt Coordinator
I would live anywhere that has great food. I love to cook!

I'm currently in London in a very posh area and I've been enjoying cooking! I've made pheasant, quail and boar this last week. Tonight it's Scottish beef filets. Borough Market (among other places) rock. I can attest that there are Bentleys, Lambourghinis and Rolls Royces parked on the street. Way more than I've seen in Chicago. I would love to live here if I could afford it!

Next week I'm going to Amsterdam and I can't wait to buy the cheeses. And stroopwaffles. I won't have a kitchen so I won't be able to cook and that bums me out. I have heard that the fish is fantastic. But any fish would be fresher than what I could buy in Chicago.

I've also been to Dublin and window shopped at some butcher shops and just drooled. I've had scones and clotted cream at Avoca and that was pure heaven.

So, if I had a kitchen, I think I could live in Dublin, London or Amsterdam. But I'm willing to go anywhere that has great food! I would be willing to learn the language if the food was worth it!

- kim

Marvin Richardson

Supporting Actor
Probably Okinawa. Father was in the Air Force and I was there from 1985-1992 because he married a DoDDS (Department of Defense Dependent Schools) teacher and they stay as long as they want. Was there from halfway through seventh grade through high school and a few years after. Great place to live, even though you miss out on some amenities.
Otherwise, my second choice would be England.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Areles
Recent bookmarks