What's new

What Are Your Black Friday Plans? (1 Viewer)

Audioman321

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Jane Smiths
Do you plan your Black Friday with the precision of a military unit?

Do you and your family fan out across Wal-Mart in color-coordinated sweats, walkie talkies in hand, to find the best deals on the day after Thanksgiving? Is Black Friday - the opening of the holiday shopping season - an annual event at your house that requires scouring ads, planning ahead and coordination?

In this economic climate, things may get even crazier than normal, so be prepared!
I stole this wonderful List for the best Black friday sales from my friend, you can create your own shopping list also.
Hehe...
What are your Black Friday plans?

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Sleeping in, having a large breakfast with the family, then driving to Traverse City to visit the local wineries before doing a little Christmas shopping after the crowds clear out, and finally dinner at a local restaurant.

I hate crowds.

drobbins

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Sleep late until 6:30, then work on an addition we are building on. Staying out of the stores. I haven't seen any deals worth the hassle.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Sleep off the turkey and train/bus ride home, maybe head out to see a $6 matinee before noon. Any shopping I do will likely be at the grocery store, as I anticipate the cupboard being bare unless relatives load me up with leftovers.

I've lately developed a pretty decent habit of doing my Christmas shopping at local shops after work, and will probably continue to do so this year.

Michael Harris

Screenwriter
Weather permitting, I'm going on a nice bike ride. I figure with the economic downturn we won't be limited to bargains on "Black Friday".

Michael Warner

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
Stay home and put up Christmas lights if it isn't raining. No way in heck will you catch me going shopping and living on the West Coast means all of the online deals will be dead before I even wake up.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Planned to do some BF shopping with my wife, but I'm not finding anything I need/want so we may sleep in, have a nice breakfast, and enjoy some Xbox 360 and movies.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I'm going to be working. This will be my 7th Black Friday at Wal-Mart. As the years go by, I've come to find that it gets easier and easier to deal with. During my first few years there, it was very hard for me to deal with (Not to mention I had to work longer hours on that day). Now, pretty much everything is normal to deal with.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

At Wal-Mart, I'm like the Energizer Bunny. I keep going and going and going and going...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Try to head to KMart on Thursday or Sears on Friday to pick up a Sony 350 blu-ray player for $179. But, I won't be getting up a 5am. I will go later and hope for the best. If its out of stock. No worries. The pricing on these units keeps coming down and I don't need it that quickly.

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
I always do Thanksgiving with my parents in north Louisiana, so this Black Friday will be spent like every other - the 5 hour drive back to Houston, then probably a movie or some DVDs at home.

I want nothing to do with the shopping lunacy of the day. I buy all my stuff online anyway.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
In our home it's "Husker Friday",.....well, okay, it's what I call it.

We'll either be in a hotel room after having Thanksgiving at my brother's, or at a friend's/relative's house watching the Nebraska / Colorado football game while the girls either play, or are swimming in the hotel pool.

The next day (Saturday), I'll be going to my 20 year class reunion.....

Paul D G

Screenwriter
Going to the post office to mail my xmas packages. It's dead there on Black Friday.
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

I try to do as little shopping as possible between Thanksgiving and Christmas. A run into Best Buy to buy a DVD that just came out can involve a 20 minute wait in line during this time period. I hate it.

RyanAn

Screenwriter
Wake up, go to work - it's our busiest day, decide if I want to check out Walmart or Circuit City in person, eat left overs, see Willie Nelson in concert, fall asleep.

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Working. At Circuit City. Have to be there at 4 am. Speaking of which, I need to drug myself not to long from now to get a proper rest...btw...those Ambisoms sleep melts taste just like candy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks