What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

what 3 quinn martin production shows should be released (1 Viewer)

mannix

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
tim
3 quinn martin production that should be released

1 cannon
2 barnaby jones
3 the fbi

michael_ks

Screenwriter
1. The Invaders
2. Twelve O' Clock High
3. The F.B.I.

Of course I want to see all four seasons of "The Untouchables" and "The Fugitive" released--and not abandoned. That'll be a whopping 16 boxes!

If I could wait, I'd just hold out for the release of "The Complete Quinn Martin Productions Superset" on 5 UV-ray discs circa 2014.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Michael, do you recommend the Untouchables? I am tempted to get it but don't know what it's about, I like detective/cop shows from the 70s like Mccloud, Kojak, Rockford Files etc what do you say?

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I'd certainly recommend "The Untouchables" and intend to collect all four seasons if Paramount stays the course. Be aware that the tone and mood of the series is very different from the 70s detective shows you cited. Aside from the obvious B&W vs. color, the fact that the show is set during the Prohibition Era (early 30s), the series is grim, noirish, with a semi-documentary aura and has little in the way of humor or light banter between characters. In many ways "Untouchables" seems older than its 1959-63 run simply because it has an authentic "period" feel about it. Shows like "Kojak" and "McCloud" are a different animal altogether, IMO, though both enjoyable in their own way. Rent first and see what you think, if that's an option for you.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator
70sTVlover said:
Yeah I'd love to see them released, especially Cannon, email Paramount at this address to let them know that you want them on DVD:

Are you sure about that e-mail address because if it is a good one I have a whole group of people that will e-mail t get Barnaby Jones on dvd.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Yup, I e-mailed her about Diagnosis Murder and she told me straight about season 2 and possible release date for season 3 before tvshowsondvd had posted it.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Thanks Michael, one question though, is it in black and white or color? And I think Streets of San Fran would be more my sortta thing but I will definately try it!!

michael_ks

Screenwriter
All 4 seasons were in B&W. "Streets of S.F." is definitely closer in style to "Kojak", "Rockford", etc. than "Untouchables" is.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
The Untouchables was filmed in black & white because it was more affordable, so it was as much a budgetary measure as it had been for Maverick, The Fugitive, The Outer Limits and just about every other ABC series from that era.

However, being a Desilu production if The Untouchables had made it past the 1962-63 season I believe it might have gone to color film because The Lucy Show did just that in 1963-64. The only obstacle standing in its way was ABC, which from the 1940s through the 60s were notoriously cheaper than the other networks.

Richard_Gregory

Second Unit

That's being released here in the UK this September.

And you're in the UK, aren't you Michael? so you won't even have to import them.

michael_ks

Screenwriter
I'm afraid not, Richard--though I was an R4 resident before coming to the US (Australia) but we're talking 40 years ago. I'm cautiously optimistic about "The Invaders" getting a R1 release this year but went ahead and listed it just the same.

peggy

Stunt Coordinator

Okay I e-mailed this lady today about shows and she e-mailed me back very quickly to let me know that she is not the person who you send these requests to. However she said she would forward my request to the right dept but she didn't give me the e-mail address of that dept. Anyway you might want to edit your post so that this person doesn't receive other e-mails that arent' suppose to be sent to her.

70sTVlover

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick
Hmm, she never told me that but ok I'll remove the e-mail address.. Pitty she didnt give you one

BobSchneider

Second Unit
easy

1. canon

2. The streets of san francisco (at least all the Mike douglas years, full year sets please).

3. the fugitive.

The stupid walter Winchell narration(sounding like a goat in heat with a terminal head cold) drives me bats, and the wooden over the top acting of the untouchables makes it almost un watchable for me. In So cal channel 56 plays untouchables re runs, and it only confirmed my earlier verdict, LOL. Sorry I know allot of people love the show (like allot of people love the "I love Lucy" another show I cant stand) what I want to know is where the Heck are the Maverick dvd sets? Its been 15 years sense Ive seen re runs and I want the maverick dvd whole season sets and want them NOW! LOL Sorry for the rant . But those would be my choices for three QM production I like to see on dvd

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Bob, you're so right! Winchell's narration did get on the nerves after a while. You'd think after all of his years doing the news on the radio, that the man would have slowed down in his old age. :rolleyes

I too would select The Fugitive and The Streets of San Francisco for DVD release (and now we have / will have both), but I would go with The F.B.I. for my third choice only because it's been so rare to run across it on TV. So far I've seen the pilot and maybe one other episode thanks to TV Land.

For the longest-running QM Production (9 years), you'd think it would be easier to find. It was always in color too, even in its first season (1965-1966) when all other QM series were still in B & W.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BMan56
Recent bookmarks