What 1970's show was this?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Todd Stout, Feb 14, 2002.

1. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

I know that this isn't much to go on but back in 1974 there was a short lived 30 minute TV show about firefighters. From what I remember (I was only 4 years old at the time) it was a show about wildland firefighting. The show featured forest fires a lot and I think it was set in a forest somewhere. This leads me to believe was about USFS firefighters or a similar agaency.
    The one thing I am sure of is that the above show was on right after another short lived 30 minute show called Chopper One which featured Dirk Bennedict a few years before he became Starbuck on Battlestar Galactica. I think both of these shows were on CBS but I'm not positive.
    Are there any places online that I can look at old TV guide listings?
    Thanks.

2. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

Are you thinking of "Emergency" with Randolph Mantooth and Kevin Tighe?

3. Mike Tondreault

Mike Tondreault Auditioning

I also think it was Emergency, but I was three. If not, Emergency (maybe "Emergency 911") was also a great show.

4. DonWinzen

DonWinzen Stunt Coordinator

I don't believe there was a fictional show called "Emergency 911" but who knows. There have been many shows that come and go over the years.

5. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport Cinematographer

Similiarly, does anyone remember a pilot TV show back in 1972 or 73 for an all African American sitcom version of Catch 22. I have a real memory of seeing an ad for it when I was a kid but never actually saw the show. Catch 22 is my favorite novel and one of my favorite movies and I would like to find out more about the proposed TV show.

6. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

Oh no... it definately was not Emergency. I watched that show regularly. The show I'm thinking about was a 30 minute drama (much like the Chopper One show that was on right before it). No one seems to remember the show I'm talking about.

I'd love to find a TV Guide from early 1974 and take a look at it. The show Chopper One ran from January, 1974 through March of 1974 so I assume the other show ran at about the same time span.

7. Todd Stout

Todd Stout Screenwriter

AH HA!!!! It was a show called Firehouse. Both Chopper One and Firehouse were Aaron Spelling creations. I found the show listed here: Aaron Spelling: Genius after searching online using Google.
    Looks like Aaron Spelling and Jack Webb had similar ideas.