Went even further into the darkside...

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones / Entertainment' started by schan1269, Oct 6, 2013.

1. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Went to VZW yesterday to upgrade to a 4G mobile hotspot to replace my 3G.

Decided the "cost" of international service was worth it this time.

Bought a Galaxy tab(the big one) cause it was barely twice the price of the 4G LTE international hot spot.

Now I'm deciding on if I want one of those Samsung All-Share. VZW wanted $100 for it(haha) and I can get a used one under $50.

Anybody got one? Already tried it with my NetGear PTV...they won't play nice(which I figured anyway, as the Tab has neither MiraCast or WiDi).

2. DaveF

DaveF Moderator

David Fischer
    You do a lot of international travel?

3. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I go to London once a year for a 2 week stretch. The adjoining week before or after I head somewhere else over there.

I'm on track to get the "British equivalent" of a Masters in Creative Writing, Been attending creative writing summer schools for 10 years. Seven of those years required onsite study.

Shockingly it costs less to attend the 2 week courses over there than taking two, five month long courses on the same subject from schools like University of Vermont. The 2 week courses require almost 100 hours of hands on course work before even getting there.

Last course from Oxford(counting "everything", even the week afterward in Jerez, Spain) cost $5600. Two online semesters covering the same coursework from University of Vermont(which requires onsite finals) would have been $4000.

4. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
  5. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    That is all fine and dandy...Or you just buy a pre-paid phone over there and stick the SIM in your own phone.