What's new

Samsung Epic 4G (1 Viewer)

mylan

Screenwriter
Ok, now I can get to yahoo but when I click a link within it stalls, it is hit or miss right now. I am going back to ATT for answers. I may still have something not configured properly but sometimes I can get on and sometimes not. Thanks for all your help so far.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
As with most phones, there seems to be batches of defective product, with reports of users on their 3rd or 4th phone. This is not specific to the Captivate, it happens with all phones.

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Mylan:

Add the Power Control widget to your desktop. And like Hanson said go to your Settings/Wireless and Networks and set up your Wi-Fi connection. If you have a secured network you are going to have to add in your password, etc.

Once you turn on Wi-Fi it will have priority over your connection and only use 3G/4G when the Wi-Fi is turned off.

Good idea about setting up a Galaxy S thread.

mylan

Screenwriter
Ok, by turning WI FI on I get my network but I thought it would seemlessly switch between the two whenever there is one present. 3G in my house is still hit or miss. I see you started a Galaxy S thread, thanks, I will pick up this discussion there.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Engadget review is up:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/16/epic-4g-review/

Gizmodo weighs in:
http://gizmodo.com/5613501/sprint-epic-4g-review-the-best-4g-phone

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
It turns out that Samsung was unable to install Touchwiz 3.0 on the Epic 4G, either because it wasn't compatible with the keyboard or Sprint felt that it did not work well. Whatever, the case, the Epic 4G runs Touchwiz 2.5. On the upside, it runs faster than the Captivate and Vibrant (no lag and freezing), but it's missing some of the niceties like the Puzzle Lock screen, music player, and you can't edit the dock buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks