What's new

WEGA questions / misc. video questions (1 Viewer)

JustinLogan

Auditioning
I purchased a 36" WEGA about 5 years ago.
I do not know the main differences between the model I have and the new ones, however I have a few questions...

1. I have noticed on the sides that text specifically appears to be somewhat blury, or out of focus, I have my t.v. set on movie mode, and have had a service tech look at it and say it was okay, maybe I am just anal when it comes to my movie watching, has anyone encountered this, or awaare of this issue?

2. From my understanding my television does not support 16x9 in the true sense of the word due to its basic square shape, a disc will have to be "anamorphically enhanced" for the display to appear correct, if the disc is just "widescreen" and my player is set to 16x9 the picture will fill my screen and circles will look like ovals etc. correct???

Now the next time I purchase a television it will be rectangular in shape so it will do "true" 16x9, but unfortunately that will be some time from now, and just hoping to get a better understanding of what I have now and how to best configure it for optimal viewing.

Also if someone could shed better light on 720d and 1080i. I believe I understand that it is somewhat similar to a computer monitors dot pitch, it has to do with compression so there are more "dots" within a given area for a better picture, however what does the d and i stand for, and how that will effect current dvd viewing and the eventual release of hddvd.

Thank you in advance for your information...

TimG

Second Unit
1. Sounds like you have a little convergence problem on the sides.
2. You could always do a service menu "raster squeeze". The newer sets have this so you don't have to go through the service menu, but many do it by adjusting certain things in the service menu. (You would have to ask someone else about this.)
2A. If you set your player to 16x9 it will only effect anamorphic movies, it will do nothing to non-anamorphic widescreen or 4x3 movies, they will look like normal.
3. It is 720p. (I)interlaced, (p) progressive, do a search for 720p or 1080i and get ready to read until your eyes bleed. :)
TimG

JustinLogan

Auditioning
You will have to forgive me, I thought I knew a little about home theatre and stuff til I started reading this forum :) Could someone explain convergence, and possible resolutions.
Does anyone know how to manually configure the "vertical squeeze" for this television, every link I have found on the web is broken.
Thx again

JustinLogan

Auditioning
Very True...
I have been posting from work lately.

I have the FD Trinitron WEGA kv36fv1
Thanks again...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks