What's new

Wega Differences: FS vs. FV? (1 Viewer)

Lucas Hale

Agent
I see that the 36" FS series Wega start at ~$1100 while the FV series start at ~$1500. What are the differences between the two? The only differences I can see (from the online specs) is more audio "quality" and more inputs. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Just bells and whistles that I can tell--but cool little gimmicks nonetheless. The FVs feature automatic raster compression when you feed them an anamorphic signal, as well as neat little infrared, wireless headphones that play unsually loud and have remarkably good frequency response--important when, like me, you live in an apartment in a very densely populated urban environment.
If you listen to the set's speakers, the front-firing drivers (separate woofers and tweeters) are mounted to either side of the screen (and they sound surprisingly good for television speakers).
But image quality is what's most important, and the least expensive FS-series WEGA will look every bit as good as the FV-series models--same internals, same screen, same everything. If you can live without the frills--and who can't?--save some $$ and buy an FS. (I do love my FV26, though.)
------------------
2001-a.jpg

CaspianM

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Moe
FV has a better comb filter. If the set is used watching cable, the comb filter should be a consideration.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks