What's new

Weekly Roundup 9-5-2006 (1 Viewer)

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Thanks guys!

I want Young Frankenstein and High Anxiety

Godzilla

Lost: season 2

Possibly the one discer of Brazil (I also have the 3 disc set from back when)

And also possibly Blade Runner. I also stayed away from that giant thread, so I gotta find out whats going on in regards to the various releases.

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Am I the only one picking up the new Ace Ventura 2-pack this week? I'm also getting Lost S2, ALF S4, and eventually Flintstones S6.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Circuit City's website is playing up for me right now, and I can't double-check this, but earlier in the week, I did see that United 93's 2-disc set was $19.99.

This beats anyone else in B&M. Given Circuit City's past track record, do you think it will be something hard to find in their stores on release day?

Douglas-M

Auditioning
Real Name
Douglas
Replying to John Rice about this week's release of Blade Runner...

Whether or not picking up a copy of the DVD released this week and then buying the multi-disc set next year is a good plan, simply depends on understanding what exactly this DVD is and isn't, and what you're looking for (and that was a bit challenging, in such a long and passionate thread). Simply put, the content of this DVD is basically the same as the previous DVD release: single disc, bare bones, 1992 "Director's Cut." The new DVD is single-sided, without the pan-and-scan version on side two. The remastered, anamorphic image is reported to be excellent and a great improvement. The sound is 2.0 stereo. The packaging is now a keepcase.

So, being rather inexpensive, it might make sense to pick it up if any of those things appeal and you don't want to wait for the 2007 set or if you're a completist. It probably wouldn't be necessary to buy it for complimentary content to the upcoming set, as there doesn't appear to be any.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member

Time will tell. I'm getting the sense that this may be one of those difficult two-disc sets to find anywhere.

Julio Diaz

Stunt Coordinator
There was supposed to be an eventual deluxe version of Fantastic Four for which additional special features had been done. While this release appears to have a different cover, it doesn't appear to have additional bonus materials, so I am guessing that this isn't it. The new FF animated series debuted on Cartoon Network last night, so they're probably just trying to capitalize on that with new box art and a lower price.

I'm assuming that the deluxe DVD version of the movie will come next summer, right around the time Fantastic Four 2 hits theaters.

Vlad D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Vladimir Derenoncourt
Only Lost S2 and Brazil 1-Disc (since I already have the 3-Disc version) for me this week. Still haven't decided on Blade Runner, I have the old crappy version and may just wait for the ultimate edition.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
It will, as well as the original theatrical release and the "Ridley Scott Version". Maybe there was even a 4th version, but I think 3 is it. I just wonder how far away it is?

My feeling, for $13, it's probably worth buying, since it is supposed to be discontinued in 4 months and will probably pull in at least a few $$ on ebay. I figure I'll get it, not knowing how expensive the other sets will be, and I'd like to finally see it in a decent presentation, since even the CC LD was not very good.

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
you had to really look for it, but BLADERUNNER is $11.99 at FRYs.

and remember.....ONE (1) per household....STRICTLY enforced. :)

as for GOJIRA-they aint stocking it NO WAY, NO HOW....at least thats what the red-state IQ'd CS guy said.

and $20 for BRAZIL (1) at CC- wow!

Jeff Meyers

Supporting Actor
Thanks as always Mike & Patrick for the Weekly RoundUp.

Fry's Electronics Ad Prices
(San Diego & Los Angeles Area Stores)
New Releases
United 93 (1 disc) - $13.99
Lost: Season 2 - $32.99
Oz: Season 6 - $39.99
All Titles Available Tuesday 9/05/06
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Catalog Titles
The Benchwarmers
Scary Movie 4
The Shaggy Dog
She's the Man
Final Destination 3
$14.99 Each
Limit 1 Per Title Per Customer

Prices good Sun, Sept 03, 2006 thru Tue, Sept 05, 2006.

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S

Just placed an order online for store pickup for the $34.39 price. I was surprised to see that only two stores in my area had it in stock.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

I just placed my order also, but with a little bit of a discount too. Seems I got a $3.44 discount before tax. So my total came to $33.54. Don't ask me how, but I got it.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif
htf_images_smilies_dance.gif
htf_images_smilies_rock.gif

***Edit*** Ok It seems that BB is running a promo for select customers for today & tomorrow for 10% off your online order. See it pays to check your e-mail before running off to order.

And let me guess Mike Frezon didn't get his e-mail. :D :D

So now I just hope that BB doesn't screw it up. My Mt. Vernon store is famous for screwing things up with inventory.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok now we need sighting reports for united 93 2 disc and the jesse james dvds

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
ok now we need sighting reports for united 93 2 disc and the jesse james dvds

how did that happen

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks