What's new

Weekly Roundup 9-5-2006 (1 Viewer)

Mark_TS

Screenwriter
ALERT!
Several Seattle area Circuit Cities are reporting no stock of Brazil, and its not on their flyers or release sheets.

oh-and some of them have never even heard of it. Nor Terry Gilliam, nor Monty Python-though THAT did ring a dim bell for some of them.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
Picked up United 93 2 disc at Circuit City in Orlando this morning. I had to ask an employee to go in the back to check for a copy because there were none on display. She brought out a single copy and handed it to me without putting out any additional copies. Not sure what this means.

Not to rub it in, but I also got it for $14.99 after I told the cashier the price was incorrect when it rang up $22.99. I told her it was advertised at $19.99. She checked the ad paper and then charged me the price for the single disc set. Doesn't happen often but sometimes I get lucky. Don't hate me.

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
The local Circuit City near me only had the single disc version of United 93, and three-quarters of those were full frame! So, I had to pick it up at Best Buy, where the 2-disc editions, all three of them, were still on a cart.

I also planned on picking up Brazil and Seven Samurai, but neither CC or BB had them. I had to go to Newbury Comics, where I sort of went nuts: Seven Samurai, Brazil, Gojira and Blade Runner.

Looks like I got some movie watching to do... :)

Oh, one more thing: to anyone who got the 3-disc edition of Brazil, did your copy have a booklet in it? Mine did not. Thanks!

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i found one at a circuit city around 1p.

they pricematched their own web price for a total of 19.69.

her computer showed this as either the only one or the last one in stock.

FranklinC

Stunt Coordinator
This situation with United 93 2 disc reminds me of the fiasco with the Munich 2 disc. Betcha this goes out of print quickly. I don't get Universal's reasoning, especially if there are people willing to pay whatever price but can't get their hands on it. Shouldn't they want to sell as many as possible?

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
TONS of unadvertised new releases at Target...and the BEST price BY FAR on "Gojira"!!!

Jackass SE: $14.99
Kinky Boots: $19.99
History of the WWE: $19.99
Flintstones S6: $34.99
Fraggle rock S2: $39.99
Blade Runner: $14.99
The Plague: $19.99
Gojira: $14.99
All The Kings Men: $14.99
Ace Ventura 2-pk: $13.78

Also saw Commander in Chief Pt 2 and The Jim Henson Collection but didn't get prices.

SO...I bought "Lost" for $37.99 and got the $5 gift card, then purchased "Gojira" and redeemed the gift card...final cost: $9.99!!!
WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
If you're considering picking up "Gojira" and have a Newbury Comics store near you, they have it for $13.88.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams

If you are a member of their email club, their weekly email has a coupon which allows you to pick up Big G for only $9.99!!

Shawn.F

Supporting Actor
Damn, I just signed up for it this morning...after I paid for my purchases. Oh well, $13.88 is still a great price for the set. And ten bucks for the remastered Blade Runner was another bonus. :)

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
Picked up Seven Samurai this evening but a big warning the cheaper prices at Best Buy for Seven Samurai and Brazil are only online. Store prices were higher. Brazil was 49.99 versus 46.39 and Seven Samurai was $42.99(?) versus $34.39.

Dax P

Stunt Coordinator
United 93 2-disc. Hm. None at BB or Costco... none at a CC my Mom stopped in at in Vegas (didn't stop at mine)... not offered for sale now at dddvd or Amazon...

Grr.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well...my experiences tonight were none too successful either.

My local Circuit City. Had NO 2-disc United 93s. :angry: They also had NO Gojira, NO Blade Runner, and NO copies of Double Indemnity.

My local Best Buy had NO copies of Lost: S2 with the bonus disc. NO 2-disc United 93s. :angry: NO Gojira. They had dozens of copies of Blade Runner.

My local FYE had NO copies of the the 2-disc United 93. :angry: They had Gojira ($19.99)

Clerks at CC told me they received NO copies of the 2-disc U93. They had several people asking for them today. At BB, they told me pretty much the same story. Lots of requests, they didn't get any and don't expect to be getting any at any time.

My evening's purchases came to the 1-disc of United 93 (purchased @ BB with a pricematch of CC's $14.99) and The Big Chill for $5.99 (also @ BB). I guess I'll give up on the United 93 2-disc.

I must be mellowing in my old age because formerly I would have insisted on securing the hard-to-get 2-disc set. Now, I think I'll just be happy watching the feature at a reasonable price. :D

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
My hunt was a tad frustrating tonight too. I went to two Targets and both were out of stock on Lost. But serendipitously I received a 10% coupon for Best Buy today, so I was able to use on the sale price with store pickup. Hopefully no snags like being out of stock. The other item on my list was Young Frankenstein but I'll have to see if its at BB when I go pick up Lost.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I forgot to mention there were NO copies of Robin Hood: Men in Tights at either BB or CC for me tonight.

What a weird "new release Tuesday"! :frowning:

pitchman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gary
I picked up my copy of Lost with the bonus disc at BB today. Although they had lots of copies of the standard set, it took me a while to find one with a bonus disc. After a lengthy search, I stumbled upon a section behind the main "new release" rack that had 5 or 6 of them tucked away on the bottom shelf. United 93 was a similar story. The 1-disc version was everywhere, but I only saw two copies of the 2-disc set.

Ric Easton

Senior HTF Member
Mike, I think I may have picked up that last copy of Gojira at Best Buy! (Glad you found it at FYE) I was also able to get the one copy they had of High Anxiety however, Young Frankenstein and Brazil single disc were not there and not even in their system(They did have the 3 discer of Brazil). I was able to find Brazil (1 disc) at FYE, so the only thing I came up short on was Young F.

Bonnie*F

Stunt Coordinator
Lovely... was hoping to wait until payday (tomorrow) since this week is going to kill the wallet but it looks like I need to stop at the mall tonight. It has a Best Buy, FYE's, and Circuit City. When I was in Target last night, there was one copy of Lost season 2 left and that went with the last copy of season 1even as I browsed. No copies of Robin Hood and only a couple copies of the 1-disc of United 93.
Bonnie

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
At BB last night...zero copies of the 2 disc "United 93", zero copies of "Young Frankenstein". The clerk even looked up YF for me and no one in the district has ANY at the stores. I didn't even bother with U93 because I really don't want to own it.

I still don't get the deal with these "super duper limited edition 2 disc sets". Are we not supposed to plunk down the money for them? Or is there some special reason only three sets are produced for the entire country?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks